Terrible experience. =[

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today I discovered how low people can get. I always knew humans can be so harsh and selfish, but today was the frosting on the cake. I was driving down a busy highway on my way to pick up my friend to go to the beach. I was just going along and then I notice something out of the corner of my eye, a speck. I look and it was a KITTEN sitting, staring up at me from the middle of the next lane. I could NOT leave the poor thing just sitting there. So I slammed on my breaks and turned around at the next turn. It took me a few minutes to get back around and as I was driving back to it... there I saw it, on it's side on the shoulder of the road. I started shaking and I parked my car off to the side, to see it was still breathing... it wasn't. It was on it's side, bleeding from the mouth. I'm crying just writing this right now. It was such a tiny pityful thing, probably around 8 weeks old. Barely old enough to leave it's mom. It kills me so much inside to know that if I could have left my house 5 minutes earlier, I could have probably saved it's life. Or if I would have turned off earlier, it would okay now. I would have totally brought in the car with me and taken it to the vet or humane society, I would have never just left it there to die. What hurts the most is that it LOOKED at me from the road. It would have been easier if it had already been hit before I got to it, but it was alive before I turned around. Just to think about what this poor little baby was thinking, just sitting alone, scared in the middle of a busy highway breaks my heart to full extent, then getting hit makes me rage. I went back to my car and BAWLED my eyes out all the back to my friend's house. I was a mess and still am. I feel so emotionally drained, frustrated and upset. Some may think it's stupid to feel this way, that it's just a cat, but I feel like crap about it. I wish I could turn back time. It was 2 MONTHS OLD. It didn't even have a chance at life. If I could get my hands on the sick ***** who dumped it, I'd run them down with my car myself. It also pains me to know that nobody even stopped to help it. HOW DO YOU IGNORE A TEENY KITTEN SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR LANE?? I know lots of sick ***** who just dump their unwanted pets on the highway, so I don't doubt that's what happened. A 2 month old kitten just doesn't get to the middle of the highway it's self. It's a effing highway! Ugh now I'm even more teary. I keep thinking about it all day. It keeps running through my head over and over again. It's little face, before and after, are stuck in my head. Sorry this is so long, I just need to vent.

R.I.P Little one. I hope you're in a better place now.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that is just awful. Sweetie we all here absolutely understand how upsetting that is!
Poor little kitten. Just heartbreaking to think of how scared it was.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
.................Just really so sorry my friend for what have you passed.....

Is unbeliable still lot of people with a lack of HEART to stop in the middle of nowhere and put a the kitten in a safe place!...
sometimes I hate at the people as well you said...

My serious condolences...
today I´ll pray for his lonely soul!...

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
People are JERKS by nature!!!

I know exactly how you feel because one night on our way home at five am we turned to go onto our street and saw a dead cat in the middle of the road. It looked just like my Bean so I made Cody drive around again so I could make sure it wasn't and I'll never get the horrifying picture of that second drive by out of my head. It still haunts my nightmares months later.

And to think it was FIVE in the morning with no traffic out. Like the ***** couldn't stop or get over for a cat crossing the road.

people disgust me which is why I prefer animals to them.

I wouldn't run over a squirrel let alone a cat, someone's pet. I cried all night that night.

We know you would have helped that little baby, it's unfortunate that there aren't more people in the world like the people on this website, it would make it a much better place to be.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh

So today I discovered how low people can get. I always knew humans can be so harsh and selfish, but today was the frosting on the cake. I was driving down a busy highway on my way to pick up my friend to go to the beach. I was just going along and then I notice something out of the corner of my eye, a speck. I look and it was a KITTEN sitting, staring up at me from the middle of the next lane. I could NOT leave the poor thing just sitting there. So I slammed on my breaks and turned around at the next turn. It took me a few minutes to get back around and as I was driving back to it... there I saw it, on it's side on the shoulder of the road. I started shaking and I parked my car off to the side, to see it was still breathing... it wasn't. It was on it's side, bleeding from the mouth. I'm crying just writing this right now. It was such a tiny pityful thing, probably around 8 weeks old. Barely old enough to leave it's mom. It kills me so much inside to know that if I could have left my house 5 minutes earlier, I could have probably saved it's life. Or if I would have turned off earlier, it would okay now. I would have totally brought in the car with me and taken it to the vet or humane society, I would have never just left it there to die. What hurts the most is that it LOOKED at me from the road. It would have been easier if it had already been hit before I got to it, but it was alive before I turned around. Just to think about what this poor little baby was thinking, just sitting alone, scared in the middle of a busy highway breaks my heart to full extent, then getting hit makes me rage. I went back to my car and BAWLED my eyes out all the back to my friend's house. I was a mess and still am. I feel so emotionally drained, frustrated and upset. Some may think it's stupid to feel this way, that it's just a cat, but I feel like crap about it. I wish I could turn back time. It was 2 MONTHS OLD. It didn't even have a chance at life. If I could get my hands on the sick ***** who dumped it, I'd run them down with my car myself. It also pains me to know that nobody even stopped to help it. HOW DO YOU IGNORE A TEENY KITTEN SITTING IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR LANE?? I know lots of sick ***** who just dump their unwanted pets on the highway, so I don't doubt that's what happened. A 2 month old kitten just doesn't get to the middle of the highway it's self. It's a effing highway! Ugh now I'm even more teary. I keep thinking about it all day. It keeps running through my head over and over again. It's little face, before and after, are stuck in my head. Sorry this is so long, I just need to vent.

R.I.P Little one. I hope you're in a better place now.
Oh honey. You did what you could and that little kitten saw it from the Bridge. There are alot of sick people out there who don't care what they hit and it tears me up inside. I hate the thought of driving over anything dead in the road and Lord forbid if I hit it by accident. I hit a bird one day and cried for days afterwards, even though there was nothing I could do to avoid it.
You are an angel and who ever tossed that poor innocent baby out like that will have Karma to answer to. I'm sorry you had to go through that..

RIP Little kitty,I'm so sorry about how you were treated by someone, but you're in a better place now.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry this happened. You cared though. I know you are hurting. I cry every day over all the animals that don't have loving homes like mine do. But you are hurting because you care. And next time maybe it won't be too late. hugs.

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been there myself. Several years ago someone ran over a kitten right in front of me. I stopped got out and put him in my car and drove as fast as I could to the vet, but it was too late. They had to put him to sleep. I was bawling like a baby.

Just the other day I was driving to the SPCA and I noticed not one, but four small kittens had been run over. I think someone must have dumped the whole litter and they ventured into the street. I was so sick about it. I was just so sad.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How can people do it? How can people do it? How can they? How can any person live with him/herself after throwing a kitten or a puppy out a window of a moving car, dumping an animal, leaving an animal to starve. I bet most of these people present themselves to the world as normal caring human beings. The sick ones who torture and abuse are in a class of their own. I just don't understand the evil against animals in this world. I just don't understand it. Some days I can barely get out of bed for the depression I feel over animals being abused.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be crying too and I know it would stay with me for a long, long time. There is a reason I love animals more than a lot of people and this is one of them. God created us all equal and humans are not better than our four legged friends, they have as much right to be here as we do. The poor kitten never had a chance and that sickens me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your comments. They're really helpful.

The whole scenario runs through my head atleast once an hour. I thought about the poor baby all day yesterday, all last night and all day today. It's really affected me and I even teared up a bit when I drove by the same spot today to go to work. The thing that REALLY tears me up is seeing it's face when it was alive. That's what makes it the hardest. I keep on telling myself that it wasn't my fault, but I really wish I could turn back time and that I would have just pulled over and jumped out to grab it. It took me a few seconds to comprehend and act though, which I regret. The only comforting thing is that the poor thing is in a better place now. My eyes are tearing up as I write this, even though I never personally knew this little kitten.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I stopped my car in the middle of a three lane each direction street in Dallas when a teensy tortie stepped out in front of me, back arched and hissing at my car. We got honked at, cussed at and threatened, but my daughter and I caught her. I was so terrified that she would run out into traffic, that we were sort of standing in the traffic to make them stop. We named her Roadkill, and she lived to be an old lady, despite several more mishaps on the way.

bcbc mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kimberleigh,
Sweetie-I am SO VERY SORRY! I can only imagine how you awful you feel! AND SOME people are so VERY insensitive & mean! I feel SO awful that this happened to you & the little one. I don't know if you believe in God or not,-I do- and I believe that baby kitty is in Heaven-having the BEST time of its life forever! He (or she) is up there running, playing, & eating its FAVORITE foods, & knows that he (or she) is SO VERY LOVED-and ALSO that you did the best you could! PLEASE - DON'T beat yourself up over this sweetie. I know it hurts so much, but I hope you can think of the good I've said about little one's life NOW (it's SO much BETTER)! Kittie heaven is TRULY a better place! Please try & remember that.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP little kitten...Reading this story makes me thankful that I found GiGi when I did because people drive like maniacs down our road and she would have gotten hit for sure. Im so sorry for your loss she may not have been your baby but your an amazing person for even thinking about turning around to get her and Im so sorry you had to go thru this!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP little kitten

I am so sorry this happened. On monday on my way to work there was a beautiful tabby boy cat in the road who had been killed. Nobody bothered to pull him off the road. I stopped my truck and took him off the road. It really bothers me that people can't even stop to take the poor little body off the road.

gfygrl71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There really are some sick people out there, we were driving home one night, it was very dark, and watched someone throw something out the window of the car, now where I live that is not unusual we have alot of pigs around, but that night it just happened to be 2 kittens that he just tossed out..we stopped and picked them up, and one of my friends adopted both together....if I had known that was what he threw out the car I would have rammed him with mine..I figured I was older and had better insurance...sick people, and to think they even reproduce!!!