Daily Thread TGIF Sept 4th!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay Friday!!!
We have a long weekend here too!

We have alot going on this weekend..my family are coming over tomorrow for dinner. I am going to make stirfry

Sunday, I forget what we are doing, but I know we have plans..

Monday we might go to the spa, we still haven't used our gift certificate.

I can't beleive I made it through this week! I am handling 3 desks at work and I still have one more week of this. Its crazy busy!

Anyhoo, off to wake up hubby, or else he will be late for school!

Have a good one folks!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mornin.

I did not sleep well at all..... but today is so far better than say Tues/Wed were.

Long weekend here, extra long cuz DH took today off work

We have to reseal our driveway, do some grocery shopping and get me feeling better

But
DH is home

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning,

I woke up at 5 this morning and after lying there for 15 minutes or so unable to go back to sleep, decided to just get up and head to work. I haven't driven to work in the dark in a long time, so that was really strange. It was very foggy too, so there was a bit of a surreal quiet feel to the morning.

Today, I'll be working on writing up my part of the year end report for the project I'm working on. I'll only be working (for pay at least) until 1 or so. My father is out of town on vacation, so I have to run around and collect rents on the apartments he owns and get them in the bank before they close. I'll probably grab a pizza or something after that is done and see if there's anything good on TV.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning!

Nat, are you sure the spa is open on Monday? That's Labour Day and most places are closed.

Anyhow, it might be Friday but I'm working evenings. I finish my stretch of 5 on Sunday at Midnight, but I get the Monday off. I'd rather be working it because my weekend is wrecked anyway due to working.

Just finished up paying bills online and now I'm off to Safeway. Hopefully I can get a nap in before work. I got up way too early today.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Another very nice day here today.

Haven't got much planned, have a few chores to catch-up on so that will occupy my time for a bit. Want to clean out a couple of my planters. I think some of my flower just got to much water this summer several of them didn't do very well at all.

Also have a couple of loads of linen I would like to get done, just took my winter quilts down from the closet and they although they were washed when I put them away I think I will do them again anyways.

The kitties are all napping in a sun spot right now. They spent most of the morning watching the blue jays and black squirrels bickering out in the front yard.

Everyone have a great day

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vacation starts today! I am not going anywhere. LOL But I wanted to sleep in this morning as I normally get up at 6:30. Well I was wide awake long before that and so was DH. So we got up around 5:45. Today is his 58th birthday, so I am taking him to the Outback tonight. I am using my $25 gift card. I am off all next week too! Our 30th anniversary is on the 8th.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

My vacation starts today! I am not going anywhere. LOL But I wanted to sleep in this morning as I normally get up at 6:30. Well I was wide awake long before that and so was DH. So we got up around 5:45. Today is his 58th birthday, so I am taking him to the Outback tonight. I am using my $25 gift card. I am off all next week too! Our 30th anniversary is on the 8th.
Happy B-Day
to your husband, and Congrats on the upcoming wedding anniversary...Thirty years is quite an accomplishment in this day and age.

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, long weekend, and I can't leave since we started combining yesterday - lentils are ready, so I have to stick close to the phone; if something breaks, I am the designated gofer. Just hoping that wet weather system keeps heading NE and doesn't come this way, we don't NEED any more rain right now as the fields look pretty soft - combine is leaving some deepish ruts, there isn't mud but the ground is saturated and a rain would make puddles. Going to ask permission to go to a movie on Sunday or Monday afternoon - want to see Julie and Julia (or is it the other way around, no matter). It isnt my normal choice for a movie but this looks pretty interesting as I am fascinated by chefs. Have been since I was 'adopted' by a retired chef and his wife - they took in strays on the track, strays meaning single people on the track. Learned a lot from him, including how to grocery shop, too bad the cooking end never really took

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

The wedge salad is do DIE for! It is new. I highly recommend it! Enjoy!

"Let's go Outback tonight"

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning. Happy Friday!

I feel a bit groggy this morning, was out with friends later than I meant to be.
Oh well. I have my one site inspection to do today, then I'm going to meet BF for lunch. My bosses are flying back from Jamaica today but I still won't see them til Wednesday I think... One will be in LA all day in meetings and the other will be in Salt Lake City til Tues. evening.

Um.. what else. Going to San Diego on the train tomorrow, should be fun. We're going to a friend's UN-retirement party. If he'd have been a career Navy guy he'd be getting out about now with the full retirement benefits package. But he just did his 4 years and now works on Navy ships but as a government contractor or something. Anyway, it's a good excuse to have a party!

So since we're doing that tomorrow, I want to be a lump and stay in tonight. We have some Netflix to catch up on.

Have a great day everyone, and enjoy the long weekend (in US/Canada)!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Nat, are you sure the spa is open on Monday? That's Labour Day and most places are closed.
Yep, its a spa in Quebec
I just made a couples massage appointment.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

The wedge salad is do DIE for! It is new. I highly recommend it! Enjoy!

"Let's go Outback tonight"
I had the bacon cheeseburger and DH had the BBQ chicken sandwich. I don't like blue cheese, so I didn't order the wedge salad. They comped us on the bloomin' onion as there was a long delay getting it to our table due to a cook being taken away in an ambulance. He couldn't breath! The manager told us. We didn't expect it to be comped and we were not upset about the delay but it was a nice surprise anyway! Since I had a $25 gift card, the whole thing cost me a couple of bucks plus tip. Now I just have to let the food settle and cut DH's birthday cake.. lol