Hey, y'all from south Georgia!!

granna31626

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am recovering from the loss of my 14 yr old Maine Coon mix, Simon. All of a sudden he was drooling, losing weight and obviously feeling really bad. We took him to the vet and found he had a fast growing tumor under his tongue. I was given the choice of bringing him home or putting him to sleep. The vet said he might live a month. I knew I couldn't stand to watch him suffer and die in pain. My mind tells me I made the right choice (putting him to sleep) but my heart still questions my judgement.

I adopted Simon from the local shelter. They found him wandering on the street and he was tiny. They figured he was maybe 4-5 wks old. He had previously been in a home environment because he would sit in front of the refrigerator when he was hungry. We had a love at first sight encounter.

I am now waiting on Maggie to grow. I have 7 wks to go before I can bring her home. She is a Maine Coon blue tabby.

I really need a kitty hug right now.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. So sad to hear about your kitty. Be sure to list him on our "Crossing the Bridge" section. You might also like to visit www.petloss.com, where I have some poetry and they conduct the weekly candle ceremony.

debster747

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so sorry to hear of your loss. We have 2 maine coons and they are so special. Unfortunately, losing a beloved animal is the worst part of being a pet owner. We've all been there. Hang in there ... and be good to yourself!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you join us!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite.

I understand your pain.

I recently lost our Sadie (9 yrs old) to cancer.
It hurts to the core.

Just as you did, I went to our local shelter and adopted a little girl named Isis...
I almost feel as thought Sadie guided us to her.

Rest in Peace sweet Simon.

bcbc mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So very sorry to hear about Simon. I know what it feels like to lose a kitty you've had for so long. I think that you did the right thing in not letting him suffer, & I know it'll take a bit for you to not be so sad. I hope that Maggie brings you much joy-kittens have a way of making you feel better, although I know losing Simon hurts. I always envision that all of my lost ones are in "kitty heaven" having the time of their lives for eternity, and that you'll get to see Simon again one day.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by granna31626

I live near Thomasville. Good to hear from you.
I remember that my brother's high school football team used to play the Thomasville Bulldogs. Small world, isn't it?