TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The Duggars are pregnant with #19
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Duggars are pregnant with #19 - Page 3

post #61 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy View Post
I heard that some TV producer is entertaining the notion of putting Octomom into the Duggar family for 3 months with her babies of course, so Mom Duggar can give her lessons on how to care for so many babies at one time.
I don't know if that applies as well as it sounds like it would, because by the time Mom Duggar squeezed out #8, #1 would not have been a baby any more (probably old enough, in fact, to help out by playing with the middle ones or something).

Still, there probably is something to be learned there about being active in the kids' lives...this is just my opinion but Octomom seems to be a tuned-out publicity whore, what else does she need so much child care staff for?
post #62 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomania View Post
That's even more amazing, considering that the percentage of high risk pregnancies skyrockets after 30!

I bet her uterus is falling out and they just don't want to say that on TV.

She's probably had reconstructive surgery "down there".
I believe high risk pregnancies are more of an issue in later life if the woman has not had any previous children. The risk decreases if she has had other children already.

My paternal grandmother had 15 children that lived and thrived, i.e., were in excellent health. They in turn had healthy children. My grandmother was healthy and lived a long life - well into her 80's. Several of her children had upwards to 5 to 12 children of their own.

As far as octomom goes, she isn't even in the same category as the Duggars. She's a psycho case IMO.
post #63 of 72
Well, some women have had more: http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question11590.html

69 kids!!! Only 27 pregnancies...but still. I know having your first after 40 is a concern, but I guess that having your 19th at age 43 is probably not such a big deal. What's that line from "Cheaper by the Dozen"?----"After the 6th one, they just WALKED out!". I'm sure it's a bit hard on the system, though.
post #64 of 72
[quote=carolinalima;2716513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Nova View Post
Yes, you are out of debt.... Would you be with 18 kids? IMO that is pretty spectacular.
You missed the point of my post. No one should have children they can't afford to have- whether it's 1 child or 100 children. Being financially responsible for your family is something you should do regardless of how big your family is. This behaviour should be expected, not lauded as exceptional. Indebtedness may be socially acceptable, but that doesn't make it any less irresponsible, in my opinion.
post #65 of 72
[quote=Going Nova;2719505]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post

You missed the point of my post. No one should have children they can't afford to have- whether it's 1 child or 100 children. Being financially responsible for your family is something you should do regardless of how big your family is. This behaviour should be expected, not lauded as exceptional. Indebtedness may be socially acceptable, but that doesn't make it any less irresponsible, in my opinion.
No I did not miss your point, and yes, still think it is spectacular.
post #66 of 72
Holy potatoes #19...I personally used to be a HUGE fan of Jon and Kate plus 8 but after everything this year have stopped watching and started tuning into the Duggar family. For me that many kids would have me in a looney bin but seeing how the family interacts and their values and how everything is portrayed on tv they are an amazing family. But the pessimist inside of me wonders if they are doing the show for the money. Some reality "stars" make 80K per episode plus all the freebies that come along with doing the show like clothing, food, trips etc. It just makes me wonder. Im not saying there is anything wrong with them being on tv, to each their own, but you sometimes have to look at their motivations to doing this kind of stuff. It only takes one thing to get said or a rumor to start for the paparrazzi to be hounding them and something from their closet to come running out for the world to see that could bring their seemingly ideal existence to a halt. But hey thats just my opinion...Now if anyone wants to gripe about a reality show being a bunch of poo get started on Jon and Kate...They are the most irresposible tv family ever and I just wish sometimes that they would take that show off because those parents DONT deserve anything they have gotten but those poor kids deserve the world.
post #67 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog View Post
But the pessimist inside of me wonders if they are doing the show for the money.
They probably are.....I certainly wouldn't have a camera crew around all day without ample remuneration. I don't see any other reason for doing a reality TV show, if not for the money .
post #68 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowy View Post
They probably are.....I certainly wouldn't have a camera crew around all day without ample remuneration. I don't see any other reason for doing a reality TV show, if not for the money .
Not if you are a Christian and believe in speaking the Gospel and showing good morals and their way of living...
There is also nothing wrong in having a TV show and making money, if they are not changing their core, their belief system... They are the same people... only better - they have more to help others... They build houses for the needed, go on more missions, participate in more programs with their churches... What is wrong with that?
I don't see them with spunky new cars... God, they are still shopping on the same thrifty stores! They are still buying THE SAME USED SHOES! So what they are making $$$ with the show??? Good for them! Have you noticed that pretty much every show they have done something awesome to help other families in need?
Where is the luxury? Where are the maids?
The fact that they do have a tv show, and continue to be the same people, ALL 20 OF THEM!!! IMO proves even more what a GREAT bunch of people they are... Because it is hard very hard to find one person that hasn't been changed by fame. There you have TWENTY on ONE FAMILY. Those people are amazing really are... Good people...
post #69 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Not if you are a Christian and believe in speaking the Gospel and showing good morals and their way of living...
There is also nothing wrong in having a TV show and making money, if they are not changing their core, their belief system... They are the same people... only better - they have more to help others... They build houses for the needed, go on more missions, participate in more programs with their churches... What is wrong with that?
I don't see them with spunky new cars... God, they are still shopping on the same thrifty stores! They are still buying THE SAME USED SHOES! So what they are making $$$ with the show??? Good for them! Have you noticed that pretty much every show they have done something awesome to help other families in need?
Where is the luxury? Where are the maids?
The fact that they do have a tv show, and continue to be the same people, ALL 20 OF THEM!!! IMO proves even more what a GREAT bunch of people they are... Because it is hard very hard to find one person that hasn't been changed by fame. There you have TWENTY on ONE FAMILY. Those people are amazing really are... Good people...
I completely understand what you are saying and I really truely hope that for the sake of all thats good and moral in the world that this family is the one thing that proves everything else in this world wrong. Motivation for most people to do stuff is greed..It sucks but its true. I love seeing how this family portrays good and moral values to people who are too used to seeing greed, lust, murder and negative things on tv. I applaud this family. I really do. Its hard to not to wonder though about motivations because after reading and seeing the shows about behind the scene stuff from Jon and Kate Plus 8 I cant help but wonder...Im sorry its just my nature so I wonder and think about the negative and pessimistic side of things. Some of that may be conditioned just from the way tv is nowadays. Instead of things like Leave it to Beaver and Happy Days we are watching things like CSI, Law and Order and geez even the news, its all negative and murder and mayhem. I really hope the Duggars are everything they are portraying to the world because if they are they are finally the one thing on tv giving people in general a good name. And if they are fully able to support baby nineteen in the same fashions as the other ones..Then more power to them those kids seem well adjusted happy people if anything just a bit sheltered but that may just be their beliefs...Either way..Good for the Duggars for finally being a good thing to watch on tv..
post #70 of 72
Can I really say this but "who cares"? They are living their own life, they are not living off the government, they are making their own choices and being responsible for those choices. I can see the problems many have with them, I even have some complaints (children's lives shouldn't be a "TV" show, among other things), but who really is "perfect" in everyone's eyes, and they are doing what they feel works for them in the best way they know and they are taking care of their children.
I don't watch the show, mainly because I do not have time or interest. But I know people who shouldn't have one child for a variety of reasons, # of children is not automatically a negative or positive in the absence of other factors.
post #71 of 72
Do they even have a TV in their home? I know in one episode, they were watching their new season at Mr. Duggar's sister's home, but I can't recall seeing one in their own home. Makes me giggle a little at the irony there.
post #72 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
It seems they have revamped their website from a few years ago. I'm quite certain that I had read either there or in interviews that people and companies have "donated" things to them and in fact their house was built from materials and some labour that were donated. So while they may not have personally come out and said "give me", the only reason they are able to at least house that number of children was through donations that built them a larger house.

Now they sustain their family through exploitation of selling their story to the media and through books.
Linda,

You are correct. I remember that about their new house. And I agree with you on the other oints, except for forced sterilization. I think that people have a right to do what the Duggars do, but I also wonder why anyone would. Also, the last 2 pregnancies were high-risk. and she's also over 40. IMHO, I think they are selfish to try to create more babies given those things. Ok, I don't believe in abortion, either, but on the other hand, one could use birth control and at least TRY not to conceive (or get sterilized). Yeah, I do know their philosophy on the birth control issue, too...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The Duggars are pregnant with #19