Help me with my homework, LOL

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm taking a class in Game Design and Development at the local community college! So I need to think of a game to design, it can be either an extension of a current game or a brand new game. Anybody have any ideas for me? I'm more of a programmer type than a creative type!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I did that about a year ago.

What type of game interests you? Role Playing, First Person Shooter, etc?

How extensive of a game do you need to make?

We did "Beebles Galaxy Quest" for XBOX.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

LOL, I did that about a year ago.

What type of game interests you? Role Playing, First Person Shooter, etc?

How extensive of a game do you need to make?

We did "Beebles Galaxy Quest" for XBOX.
I guess I like kind of like RPGs, but more like a game where you master the levels, collect stuff - like Super Mario or Animal Crossing. Oh, and I used to LOVe the Myst series until I got Vista. I have to make either a pretty comprehensive level or a simpler regular game.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about a game where you could own/decorate a house, and the outside of your house, have neighbors taht talk to you and interact, and you could farm and have pets (basically AC and sims combined, but w/o all the annoying things like getting tired and having to go to the b4 ect)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

What about a game where you could own/decorate a house, and the outside of your house, have neighbors taht talk to you and interact, and you could farm and have pets (basically AC and sims combined, but w/o all the annoying things like getting tired and having to go to the b4 ect)
I could take AC and make some changes - like decorating/putting stuff outside, be able to expand the tailor's shop, be able to visit other people's cities...

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I suggest something with cats

Seriously there are so many options, I always went to my other favourite hobbies when I came to writing games/programs
. You could think of something super-simple like Petz but with a better pet-ownership lesson tacked on

Or even just a simple card game; that is something you could easily write & code but do a really good job with.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh, and I used to LOVe the Myst series until I got Vista.
Have you got the old DOS version? I've had a lot of luck playing old DOS games (Might and Magic III,IV,V & XCOM in particular) with DOSBox. I don't touch Vista if I can avoid it, but I know DOSBox claims that it supports Vista.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Have you got the old DOS version? I've had a lot of luck playing old DOS games (Might and Magic III,IV,V & XCOM in particular) with DOSBox. I don't touch Vista if I can avoid it, but I know DOSBox claims that it supports Vista.
No, I've got the 10th anniversary version or something that I got for Christmas a few years ago.

Ooh, Rigel, I like your idea, I've always wanted a cape!