Good-bye, little Rufus

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Rufus, my mom's lovable little 16-year-old mutt, had to be euthanised today due to cancer. Rufus joined the family as a rescue who had been chained outside for a decade, and his feet were damaged by frostbite as a result. He lived at my sister's house for a time, but wasn't happy there, because one of the other dogs was jealous of him, and there were too many kids running in and out. He thus moved in with my then recently widowed mother and her two dogs. He made himself right at home, and followed my mom everywhere. Since her death in late March, Rufus and his "sister" Cheyenne have lived in her house with my nephew.

I'm so glad I got to see you again recently, Rufus, and share bagels and cream cheese for breakfast and snuggle on the sofa. Play happily across the Bridge, sweetie, reunited with your mommy and "brother" Kano. You'll be missed.

RIP September 2, 2009, age 16

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He had 6 wonderful years with a family that truly loved him. He was a cutie pie also.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

He had 6 wonderful years with a family that truly loved him.
Yeah, this. I think rescued animals love their new humans all the more, because they know how it could be.

Play on at the Bridge,
Rufus

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, what a sweet looking dog
I`m glad he had such a long life.

Rest In Peace Rufus and keep a watch over your mummy