sooty has got a lump

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
its on his neck in the skin it doesnt move it reminds me of a clogged up pore, its not hurting him and doesnt seem bothered when we touch it

it feels like a scab if that makes sense, i wonder if flash has bit him to hard when they have been play fighting.

it feels like you could burst it like a spot if that makes sense to

phendric726

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take your baby to the vet! it could be something as simple as a cyst or abscess, or as you said a wound from the other kitty, but it could be something more. I know from experience it is best not to wait...

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
had a suspect growth also on her neck/chest area. It turned out to be a cyst and I had it removed. No problem. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
vet wants to see him because of where the lump is around the neck, shes stuck fear in me now she said they can get nasty tumors in that area so im now passed myself with worry, she did say its more than likely just a cyst.

so my poor baby is going in at 5:15 today

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
theres deffinatly a scab there well looks it he was asleep and its like a reddy brown scab in amougnst the fur

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
going to the vet is the right thing, no sense worrying. Will be watching for an update on your Sooty.

xo

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

going to the vet is the right thing, no sense worrying. Will be watching for an update on your Sooty.

xo
Good for you for finding the scab/bump and getting it looked at so quickly!
You're taking great care of Sooty.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
vet thinks it is nothing to worry about, he thinks it is just a scab and we have to apply some warm water on cotton wool to ease the scab off and if any pus comes out he needs to go back in and if it gets any bigger, so because sooty is why the phrase scaredy cat was invented and squirmed all over he will have to go in for a small op to remove it and get anti biotics, only if its bigger and pus filled though.

so for now panic over and i shall be keeping a close eye on him.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's unusual that he didn't just give him an antibiotic shot there and then?. When Sophie had what i thought was a pimple, but was really where Rosie possibly caught her chin with her claw when playing, he still gave her a shot of antibiotics.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
he said that he did not want to give anti biotics for nothing just in case it is just a scab.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well Sootys scab came off this morning and theres no lump there and feels normal now