I think we're getting there

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope I'm posting in the right place. I think we are getting there with Thor, my Great Dane and Kiki. Last night I brought her down into the dining room and hubby has Thor on a leash. Kiki hid under the telephone table, but we were able to distract Thor from Kiki's presence. After a while he just forgot she was there. Hopefully we are going in the right direction. I think he really just wants to play with her, but I don't know for certain. Still taking it one day at a time.

moondio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is kinda the right spot.. this particular area is for gushing about the silly and cute things our furbabies do.. (I think...)

How long have you had Kiki? or is Thor the new one? Also, how old is Kiki? I'm just curious because I'm also dealing with a new member of the household.. but mine are the same breed.

(Oh, and the column your looking for is "Cat Behaviour")

Hope it works out!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moondio

This is kinda the right spot.. this particular area is for gushing about the silly and cute things our furbabies do.. (I think...)

How long have you had Kiki? or is Thor the new one? Also, how old is Kiki? I'm just curious because I'm also dealing with a new member of the household.. but mine are the same breed.

(Oh, and the column your looking for is "Cat Behaviour")

Hope it works out!!
We have had Kiki almost one week. She is supposed to be 9 months, but she is very small. Thor is 7 months old and we've had him since he was 8 weeks old.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is always a difficult time when you are introducing pets. It requires alot of patience and forethought.

But it sounds like them growing up together will be a nice thing. Before you know it they will be hanging out together like buddies.
I think it was a good thing Thor was able to forget she was in the room after a while. Especially at such a young age. Keep up the good work! It will pay off soon!