Are you a cuddler or a loner?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you prefer to sleep with your significant other? Do you like to cuddle while sleeping or do you need your space?

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We used to cuddle, but age has changed that. When "the change" hit I got very sensitive to heat, and couldn't stand his body warmth. Blood thinners have made him very cold natured. For a couple years a dual control electric blanket kept us together, now I sleep on the couch under a fan even in the winter, and he sleeps under several blankets even in the summer.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally need my own space to sleep. On occasion, if I am super tired, I might fall asleep cuddling. I don't like to be touched after I fall asleep either, so no trying to sneak in to sleep close

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When i was with Gil and he was down for visits i hated sharing my bed

I need my space even though it's a king size, and the only ones allowed in/on my bed are the cats

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sort of giggled when I read the title of this thread. I wondered where one would get a loaner.

I used to like to cuddle but now with my power surges, I have to have the covers all tossed aside and hubby likes to sleep covered to the chin. Cuddling wouldn't work.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

We cuddle for a few minutes until we get groggy, then we turn over
I could sleep cuddling, but he always tells me to move over after a while.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well, my SO's are cats and a dog and they don't really care what I prefer
they like to snuggle, so snuggling it is! but were I to sleep in the same bad as another person, I sleep so deeply that after I fall asleep I have no idea what happens

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH most definately we are big time cuddlers for most of the night. Its probably partially due to the lack of affection from our ex-spouses!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I sort of giggled when I read the title of this thread. I wondered where one would get a loaner.
One of you mods posting could always fix that instead of giggling - it is funny, though.
If you want a loaner I'll gladly send you a couple of my cats to take over your bed. You only have two.

DH's body temperature runs around 99F, so I stay away from him during the warmer months. Generally my choice of sleeping positions and where on the bed is compromised by all the cats. I have two that must sleep on my left side, which pushes me towards the other side of the bed. I have one that lays between my feet or tucked up to me, and a fourth that likes to lay atop my pillows so I must be careful how my hair is spread out otherwise he'll try to eat it.
Point - I usually end up crowded into a weird position and unable to move.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Big time cuddlers. Even when we roll over someone will reach out and make sure part of us are touching even if it's just a foot.

lynsey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I fall asleep before my boyfriend does, so I sleep alone for the first few hours of the night - then he'll cuddle unless a) there is a cat sleeping between us b) or I end up scooting over on his side and he can't fall asleep or c) it's too hot.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love to cuddle but unfortunately Cody thinks I'm just a ball of heat and can't take it for very long unless he's cold. He prefers to sleep outside the covers, while I can't sleep unless I'm covered to my neck.

But we make up for it by cuddling when we are awake.

We've sort of compromised by always at least having some sort of skin contact, even if only a leg is touching.

kwren

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we tend to sleep curled around each other. sometimes it is too hot to fall asleep snuggled up but we almost always have some body part touching. we just gravitate towards each other anyways, once we are sleeping
sometimes the baby wakes up at night and climbs in too, then i end up a sandwich. plus three cats, one who doesn't like to touch people and sleeps at the very end of the bed away from all the feet, the one who HAS to be on me, and the other who likes to sleep in between our feetsies...

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I prefer to sleep alone

I can just picture it, eventually married and the master bedroom looks like it's right out of I Love Lucy.

Seriously, I've never enjoyed sharing my bed, I'm too light a sleeper.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I used to like to cuddle but now with my power surges, I have to have the covers all tossed aside and hubby likes to sleep covered to the chin. Cuddling wouldn't work.
I giggled too! I want one of those "loaners." Mine is broken.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by bookworm

We used to cuddle, but age has changed that. When "the change" hit I got very sensitive to heat, and couldn't stand his body warmth. Blood thinners have made him very cold natured.
I find very interesting your answer...

Same feelings here...