What country is this? 10,000 points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a country I visited in 2001. It is Sunday morning and the people you see in traditional dress are heading for church. What country is this?

Only one guess per username. 10,000 points to the first correct guess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

I think it's Belarus.
Just thought this one might be more challenging although the traditional dress would be very distinctive to a person from that country as well as the architecture.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol I'm going to have to guess Bulgaria
even though I'm definitely not sure...The thing that makes me doubt it is that I know no one wears these clothes to church unless it's in a village?? For that matter, I don't know of any European country where people still wear their traditional clothes to church...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

lol I'm going to have to guess Bulgaria
even though I'm definitely not sure...
Not Bulgaria either. Ok, now you know many countries it is not. BTW, Transylvania is no longer a country. Remember, just one guess per username.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like somewhere in Eastern Europe to me. My immediate thought was was Latvia (
) but I'm sure that's incorrect.

The problem with guessing from the dress is that many countries can have many different "traditional dresses". With slight color and style changes from village to village, or bigger differences from opposite regions of the country. Latvia for example is supposed to have over 200...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Going Nova

Is it Belarus?
This is a villiage in Eastern Europe. What is the country - we should have a winner soon? The reason people are in traditional dress is because it is a special religious holiday for that country.