Daily Thread Monday August 31st

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ewwwwwwwwwww it's Monday

I have a sore throat this morning...I think its an allergy sore throat because my other allergies are in full force as well.

It will be sunny, but cool today..not even 20 degrees.

I got a wickid deal on slacks for work on the weekend. The pants were regular $59.99, on sale for $19.99 plus buy one get one half off..I got $120 worth of pants for $33 including tax!!!!
Best purchase ever!

We also bought some new shoes..both of us. Our new budget actually incorporates clothing in the budget so we don't have to feel bad when we shop for stuff..it's the best!

Anyhoo, my cubicle buddy is on 2 weeks holidays so work will be boring...probably busy but boring without her.

I think thats all for now folks!

Have a good one!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah Monday blah blah blah...
At least it's nice and sunny here today. The chickadees aare chriping and the cats sleeping in the sunshine.
I canceled my dentist appointment for today - bonus not having to go to the dentist!
Have a good day everyone!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

The local news said we set a new record for low temps for this date. They say temps were 39F, my thermometer said a balmy 44F! At least its sunny though.

I have a stuffed up allergy head this morning-haven't taken my meds yet.

Did alot of dishes this morning and just wasting a few minutes until I get in shower and get ready early so I can stop at Target before work. Have a couple errands after work too.

Fish for dinner tonite with hopefully some garden produce.

Cats are pretty good as only two are in the house. Have to locate Bender before I leave as he likes to do morning rounds.

Have a nice day

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shelter day this morning. Leave tonight at midnight to Tulsa. The weather is showing signs of fall coming. And I have two new guitar kits to build.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Ewwwwwwwwwww it's Monday

It will be sunny, but cool today..not even 20 degrees.
My sentiments, and my weather too.

Currently a whopping 8.5C out
and its not even Sept yet

Not a whole lot planned for today.

Happy Monday folks.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Mondays because I don't have work.
Tuesday's are my ick days!

Speaking of Tuesday...it is Tuesday!

I'm just about to go to bed and I'm going to have hopefully a bit of a sleep in. Big day planned I've got cat food, kitty litter and flea treatment to shop for. I may also pick up some prizes for our next show. Along with 2 gifts for my Dad and a friend.

I've got lots of homework to catch up on and I've got work in the afternoon until 11pm.

It should be a busy day and hopefully I will finish my book.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

It's a public holiday in the UK today, so i'm chilling and about to watch a dvd with the kids
Awesome - which public holiday and which DVD? Yeah I'm nosey!

I hope you're having a relaxing day with the kids.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!

Bright and sunny here this morning but only 5C so a little on the chilly side.

Have a few errands to run today, have some paperwork to drop off at the school and some shopping for school supplies to do.
Won't be able to pick up my text books or anything until after I start next Tuesday.

Also have to return some video's, library books, and pick up both kitty food and litter.

Later this afternoon I am going to make a meat lasagna and a vegetarian lasagna for the freezer. I have sort of depleted my supply of frozen quick meals so guess I will spend a couple days cooking this week to stock back up.

The kitties are all bird-watching, we literally have a ton of birds in the yard this morning, and dare I say it, a flock of snowbirds as well. Wonder if they are trying to tell us something.

Everyone have a great day.

marinewife05

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good morning!

New at this, so let's see.

The weather is 75 degrees F with a high of 84.

I just got back from the school, had to take my daughter the stuff she left behind. Some days I think they think I talk just to hear myself. Before the leave I always say "do you have everything you need", they say yes without even thinking about it.

Today is my youngest daughter's birthday...she is 2 years old.

Happy Birthday Meaghan

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugghhh I envy all of you!!!! It is going to be in the 100s today again! and bad air due to wild fires down south. Im done with sweating on my to class and sitting in a room with no ac! I have school this morning and afternoon, then I work tonight until like 9-10pm depending on how much i get done. Sooo tired!! My bug is passed out on my dads shoes, she looks too cute!
I hope everyone has a great day!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might hit 70 today sunny and a breeze nice drying day. Doing all my quilts and sheets and hanging them out to dry..Watching my granddaughter also.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning.. it's warm here already and going to get hot again. The bad prt about it is there's no breeze at all so our apartment won't even cool down at night. Except last night it kinda did. But I'm sweating at work already. That's ok, like I said many times before, I'll take the heat over cold anyday.

I'm on my own in the office this week again, and BF has to go to Alabama Tue-Wed. Blah. I hope he won't have to work late tonight. I miss him!

Have a good Monday, even though it's a Monday.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I took the day off today to deal with my cats. I dropped Fluffy off to get shaved at 7:30 and I have a vet coming over to the house in a few minutes to give Tre and Promise their annual exams and shots. Tre gets so wound up at the vet and since he's older (13+) it's too much stress to take him in. He stays pretty calm at home.

Our weather is pretty fall like today - crisp and sunny. It was in the low 60's this morning and our high is only 79. Really pleasant actually, just unusual for late August here. After I dropped Thufir off, I went by the used bookstore. I dropped off 2 milk crates full of books and got $137 in trade credit.
Even after I picked up a big pile of books that will take me 2 months to read I still have $77 left. I guess I'll have to read faster.
Not much else going on today. After the vet leaves, I'll probably read for the rest of the evening and then try to go to bed early so that waking up for work tomorrow won't be too bad.