Oh boy! Wasp nest in our bathroom vent.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few weeks ago in the middle of the night Noodles and I discovered a wasp buzzing inside the vent/light of our bathroom, which backs to the master bathroom. DH just came inside and told me he found a nest in the vent cover for our master bath.

I know those suckers can destroy stuff if you let them sit (not to mention clog the vent). We had a nest inside the wall where our stove vented at our last place once. So looks like DH gets to play exterminator.

Any advice on how to keep them from getting in the house? Maybe we can use some window screening somehow?

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I have nothing intelligent to say other than....OHH EEE RUN DUCK! Vibe for your vermin prob...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd just buy a can of the wasp spray and use it. Some of the stuff can spray quite a long distance.

We have two hornets nests in trees near our patio and house already. One was huge! That one was sprayed several times.

There is some pretty good info on the internet about wasp and hornets.

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just saw something like this on Verminators except they have a whole African Bee colony building a huge nest in the wall. They put some kind of mesh bag over the vent so the bees couldn't get in until the extermination was done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aileen06

I just saw something like this on Verminators except they have a whole African Bee colony building a huge nest in the wall. They put some kind of mesh bag over the vent so the bees couldn't get in until the extermination was done.
Eww! That gives me the heebiegeebies!!

I bought a can of spray and DH just sprayed it. It was supposed to shoot from a good distance, but I didn't go watch!

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ewww.

We had a wasp nest behind the siding of our chimney. Didn't know it was there until I got a TON of wasps in the attic.

We had to call in an exterminator. I wasn't about to do it b/c I had no clue how big it was (and the exterminator said it was pretty big) and at the time I was 7 months pregnant.

Cheyrl