My lovely Sunday adventure....

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So Josh and I were unloading groceries and I couldn't find my key to unlock the door (really need to clean out my purse,
). So he just throws his keys up at me (we're in a second story apartment), and of course I do not catch them. They hit the wall and bend slightly. I don't think anything of it, just go to unlock the door. Well the key broke off in the deadbolt!

So I call the apartment complex office which is closed on Sunday so they patch me through the answering service, who says they'll contact maintenance immediately. I explained the situation and how we were essentially locked out, in the heat, with groceries quickly spoiling. THREE HOURS LATER the guy shows up saying "Oh I didn't know ya'll were outside."

He then proceeds to drill in to the deadbolt trying to "Hit those two screws so it'll fall off". Doesn't work. He basically pummels the deadbolt with his drill until it has no choice but to fall off, as well as taking a bit of the front door with it. So we finally get in (all of the cats are scared to death hiding behind the couch). Then he doesn't even have a deadbolt to replace it!!!! He's coming by in the morning to do it. Which leaves us for the night with a door with a hole in it that can lock from the inside (we have a standard lock on the doorknob as well as a deadbolt) but not the outside.

This is just a chapter in the series known as "The Intelligence (Or Lack There Of) Of Our Maintenance Men".

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I would not be happy having the door unbolted! I'd probably sleep on the couch to make sure if someone did try to come in I'd be right there to hear it.