Status
Not open for further replies.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please read the following before sending your email:

In order to participate, you must:
1. Be serious about participating and committed to sending out your gift. If you are either logistically or financially unable to ship your gift to arrive in time for December 25th, please do not sign up.*
2. Be at least 18 years old as of the close of registration.
3. Have 300 or more posts. If you're not quite to 300, please note this part of our rules:
10. a) We will not allow spamming. Threads about nothing or for the sole purpose of bumping up post counts are not allowed and will be removed without notice. This includes duplicate posts. So no posting just to get your post count up in order to be eligible to sign up this year.
4. Been a member for 6 months as of the close of registration (in other words have registered in March 2009 or earlier).
5. In the interest of fairness and familiarity, you must have made at the minimum 10 posts between March 1st, 2009 and August 1st, 2009.
6. OR be a Subscribing Member, which would overrule #3, #4 and #5.

*Please note: Except for extraordinary circumstances, if gifts are not received by your recipient in a timely manner, or at all, you will not be eligible to participate in the future.

You have until September 25th to sign up. No further registrations will be allowed after that date.

To sign up, please send an email to [email protected].

In your email please include the following:

~TCS Username
~Real Name
~Mailing Address
~Are you willing to ship overseas / to another country?
~Hints for your Secret Santa, including but not limited to: t-shirt size, favorite colour, food / fragrance likes / dislikes, anything you collect (within the price range), your kitty's likes / dislikes, and any other hints you think would be helpful.

We will send you confirmation (from the above email address) that we received your email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2 days, please resend your information.

Each person will receive one member as their Secret Santa recipient. You will receive an email with your recipient's information within a few days after sign ups have ended.

The upper price limit is $15-20USD, NOT INCLUDING SHIPPING. As of August 30, 2009
, this converts to: 17.82–23.75 AUD, 16.38–21.83 CAD, 10.49–13.98 EUR, 9.22–12.30 GBP. Check here for additional currency conversions. Please note: this amount isn't set in stone; it's just mentioned here as a guideline. It's normal for people to spend more, but no one is obligated to.

A note about shipping: You should check your shipping options for the destination as soon as you have your SS name, so that you can make the best decision about when and how to ship - for instance, the "slow boat" option for overseas shipping is no longer offered by USPS, so you'll have more time to shop, but it will cost more to ship overseas. There may be other changes, too, so be sure to check well in advance.

Let the fun begin!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just sent my e-mail! I've been so busy the last few months I had to make sure I've posted enough! But I think I have. And things are calming down so hopefully I'll be around here a bit more!

I have LOVED participating in my secret santa in the past. I look forward to it every year!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I just sent my e-mail! I've been so busy the last few months I had to make sure I've posted enough! But I think I have.
You have.
You are way over.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been a member long enough to do the SS thing this year.
Just got signed up.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

You have.
You are way over.
Oh thank goodness! I'd be so upset if I missed out this year!

Originally Posted by gemlady

GNOMES!!!
Sorry, had to get it out of my system.
Out of your system? Is that even possible Jan!?!

Originally Posted by Miss Mew

AAAHHHHH!!
All year long I keep my eye out for some small gnome type thing just for our SS exchange!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to mix everything up, I signed up, too. So, ladies...if I get your name, be kind to me, huh? You know how bad we guys are at shopping...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm signed up!

If anymore snooping santa's are needed I'd be happy to volunteer!

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yay! I've been watching the info on this since the first question about it came up, I had to check my posts and sign up date three times to make sure I was okay. Very cool, this sounds like fun!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure disappointed that I'm not eligible.

I participate in a holiday gift exchange in another board and it is such great fun. It's to and from the pets only though, not the people.

I make great cat beds (and dog beds too!) and cat toys (tease tease!
)

Oh well, there's always next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.