The best cheeese on toast!!

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hubby made supper (evening snack) the other night to give me a break from cooking! He made his famous cheese on toast
This is what he presented me with ...

Heart shaped cheese on toast !!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of cheese?

The Swiss make a quick dish called "Gout de pain," which is Swiss cheese on French bread fried in butter and white wine.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sweet! I just told my BF about this and your butter story, and he thought it was sweet, and then I yelled (not actually YELLED) at him "Why don't you do things like that??!?!!"

He is from England also and makes me cheese on toast sometimes, I love it! So simple but so good! Never had a heart one though. He uses sharp cheddar, usually Dubliner. Sometimes he chops spinach and puts that on too. MMM I'm getting hungry now!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am I the only one that finds that pic a bit yucky?
I love the sentiment, and all the love and all, but, ick, that just looks well, ew.
I love cheese, I live in WI., its the law.
That pic though, well, that is just wrong.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Am I the only one that finds that pic a bit yucky?
I love the sentiment, and all the love and all, but, ick, that just looks well, ew.
I love cheese, I live in WI., its the law.
That pic though, well, that is just wrong.
No you are not alone. That would do nothing for me. My hubby loves spiced gouda melted on 7 grain bread. Yuck - it smells like baby poo to me.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, this is why Ford and GM are both still in business. Not everyone likes the same thing. Tastes differ.

Kiss the man and tell him he done good.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by caitsith

Im sorry if i have offended anyone with my picture
No offense at all. Just saying it wouldn't do a thing for me. After 32 years of marriage if hubby did the heart thing for me, I'd want to know what he had been up to the night before.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

No offense at all. Just saying it wouldn't do a thing for me. After 32 years of marriage if hubby did the heart thing for me, I'd want to know what he had been up to the night before.
Sad, but true, the longer you're married the more suspicious sweet gestures become...

Caitsith, I think your hubby is a sweetie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Sad, but true, the longer you're married the more suspicious sweet gestures become...

Caitsith, I think your hubby is a sweetie!
Thank you! You are very kind
Hubby and i have always done things like this for each other! I wasn't sure he knew where the kitchen was !!!!

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caitsith

I wasn't sure he knew where the kitchen was !!!!

Nice. Anytime some one makes food for me is a good thing.

And the best cheeze on toast is a Cheddar, Colby or American sliced (that is more for a sandawich, but good if its a better cut of cheeze.)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

That, to me, is really sad. Why do sweet things from you husband mean that he's doing something? Can't he actually be romantic at times (I know, the "romance" gene isn't there, but they can try). I mean, we (women) try to be romantic sometimes...should the men think the we're doing something because we're trying to do something nice and sweet?

I happen to think that looks yummy, but I love cheesy garlic bread. That is a favorite late night snack of ours.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If one uses shredded cheese it melts faster!

I too would fall over if Neil attempted this (only 24 yrs of marriage!)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

That, to me, is really sad. Why do sweet things from you husband mean that he's doing something? Can't he actually be romantic at times (I know, the "romance" gene isn't there, but they can try). I mean, we (women) try to be romantic sometimes...should the men think the we're doing something because we're trying to do something nice and sweet?

I happen to think that looks yummy, but I love cheesy garlic bread. That is a favorite late night snack of ours.
Hey, it was a joke! Hubby isn't romantic but he often does sweet things for me. He has been making breakfast lately on the weekends (poached eggs on toast), he's actually been emptying the dishwasher when the dishes are clean, he keeps my car in good shape for me, carries any heavy items for me and will do pretty much anything I ask but I don't expect hearts with cheese.

One of the best things is that after 32 years of marriage he still calls me honey or sweetheart, almost always thanks me for a nice dinner every day, thanks me for always having his clothes cleaned and pressed, etc. In other words, he never takes what I do for granted. That is more appreciated after all these years than toast hearts although I think toast hearts are wonderful for the young couples out there and even the "old" couples out there if that is what makes you happy.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

So sweet! I just told my BF about this and your butter story, and he thought it was sweet, and then I yelled (not actually YELLED) at him "Why don't you do things like that??!?!!"

He is from England also and makes me cheese on toast sometimes, I love it! So simple but so good! Never had a heart one though. He uses sharp cheddar, usually Dubliner. Sometimes he chops spinach and puts that on too. MMM I'm getting hungry now!
mmmmYUM, I love that dubliner cheddar! I got a brick for my birthday last year!

I like cheese on toast too. I use Cabots extra sharp, (the dubliner did not last very long) and diet whole wheat bread <ggg>

No one to make me heart shaped pieces, but those are adorable and very creative of the OPs husband!

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

I just yelled at my boyfriend too! lol

That's absolutely adorable. You're lucky to have such a sweet guy!