Weekend Invasion into your life: Sun. Aug. 30

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gmorning folks....

Well tis Sunday, my least fav. day of the week

DH is taking the kids to his parents for a bit.... we called the doc to make sure it was ok, and they said since they've had 24hrs of antibiotics, its fine.

They are gonna be shootin' skeet and a bbq, depending on weather.

I'm going to be enjoying some me time..... I think journalling in the hottub sounds like a plan.

Snake feeding today, anyone wanna help????

Have a great "end of the weekend day".

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Gmorning folks....

Well tis Sunday, my least fav. day of the week

DH is taking the kids to his parents for a bit.... we called the doc to make sure it was ok, and they said since they've had 24hrs of antibiotics, its fine.

They are gonna be shootin' skeet and a bbq, depending on weather.

I'm going to be enjoying some me time..... I think journalling in the hottub sounds like a plan.

Snake feeding today, anyone wanna help????

Have a great "end of the weekend day".
Journalling in the hottub sounds like a brilliant plan for you !!I'd love to help feed the snake/s!! I love
snakes !

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Dreary, damp and very chilly here this morning. Actually had to turn the heat up for a bit to take the chill off the house.

I am jealous Chris I want a hot tub too

Have to run to the drugstore this morning to pick up a prescription but other then that I have very little planned for the day.
So it's going to be some TV, junk food, video games, and playing with the kitties for the afternoon. Figure since I will be starting back to school in about 10days I better get my goofing off out of my system now..
Seriously though I am getting quite excited about getting start with my course.

The kitties are good this morning, all are napping in my bed right now. They have had their morning exercise and are now resting up.
Everyone have a great day

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure I'll help feed the snakes

We have church at 10am (always a nice way to start off the week
). Then DH will be taking a nice hot bath. We went cave exploring yesterday and it was pretty cool. I've been thru the caverns on the east coast, but first time to see the caves in Minnesota. Interesting differences - east coast has a lot more "color" in the caves because of the rock minerals.

And I have 2 loads of clothes to run thru the washer/dryer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
volunteers
Seriously, at times I've actually thought about hiring someone to come in once a week to help, but my kiddos help out and DH, so I can't warrant hiring someone

I'll even let ya use the hottub afterwards, and share my veggie chili (if ya don't like it, I have burgers or sausage I could bbq)

Susan: damp and dreary too...Right now my thermometer is reading 14.3C outside. Luckily though, the house is comfy at 73F. I refuse to turn the heat on in August.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

volunteers
Seriously, at times I've actually thought about hiring someone to come in once a week to help, but my kiddos help out and DH, so I can't warrant hiring someone

I'll even let ya use the hottub afterwards, and share my veggie chili (if ya don't like it, I have burgers or sausage I could bbq)

Susan: damp and dreary too...Right now my thermometer is reading 14.3C outside. Luckily though, the house is comfy at 73F. I refuse to turn the heat on in August.
Sounds good to me
What time shall i come over ??!!
I wouldn't charge you for feeding them !!

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Count me in too!!! I could use some hot tub time!
And I like snakes, in 8th grade my science teacher made anyone who wanted to hold or handle his snakes, take a test, so i did. We even fed them every so often, he had a whole lab of mice! He had a baby boa, it was huge then, i cant imagine how big it is now!

Today is my day off, I am exhausted friday i had school all day and then worked til 12:30am, then worked all day yesterday for 8 1/2 hours and i slept for like 11 hours!
Im off to the barn, I have to feed the barn cats today, and I have tons and tons of readingto do today for school! I am so envious it is chilly where you all are! It is in the 100s here and I am done with all this heat! So are the animals!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I finally got DH away from the office - he's been up working since 8AM yesterday morning (yes, he's been at work for the last 28 hours) and the last thing I wanted to do is have him move away from the computer. He has a laptop, but moved it to the work spot by our home computer to be more comfortable. I just fed him breakfast and put him on the sofa to try to sleep. If his cell phone rings in the next 4 hours, I think I'll toss it into the hot tub.

I really like the idea of the hot tub!! It's been down right chilly here all week long and I'm wondering what happened to summer. I'll have to turn the heater on.......

For myself, I'm going to do about 1 hour of work, then if DH is sleeping, do something really quiet like a jigsaw puzzle. I can't run anything noisy like a vacuum cleaner or sewing machine right now.

Oh poopy - he had just fallen asleep and his cell phone rang again. I'm stressing for him and I can't imagine how he's feeling right now.

I just heard him arguing with someone on the phone. They wanted him to drive into the office right now and fix a problem that someone else created. He told him flat out that he hadn't slept in 30 hours and he's not getting behind the wheel of a car. Then he hung up on them and told me he might get fired today. I'm ready to go into his office and slap his boss around a bit.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got home from church... GREAT service! It is already getting hot here. Got some chili beans in the crock pot and will be making some rice and Garlic Texas Toast to go with it. DH is washing the dishes from yesterday. I had to heat some water for them though since the boiler at our apartment complex is not working and we do not have any hot water! Took a shower last night and it was just barely warm and when DH took his this morning, it was the same way. Our apartment manager is going to have a full answering machine tomorrow! There is one big boiler for about 50 or so apartments. Normally we have all the hot water we need. Sigh...

This afternoon is going to be relaxing and eating the yummy chili I made. I made up a really good and simple recipe for it!

And I actually like snakes. I grew up with 2 older brothers who had snakes and lizards. When I was little, I actually caught a couple of little lizards with them. Many years ago, a neighbor had a rat snake he was holding, and when I went to pet it, it bit me!!!! I still like them though and like the feel of their skin.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!!

Speaking of snakes we picked up a load of firewood yesterday and just emptied the trailer and I found a tiny snake I thought was dead. Nope! Its was tanoish brown on top and orange on the bottom-perhaps only 8 inches long. Neil thought it was a fire snake?? Well its got a new home now on our property.

Woke up to temps about 47F. Hung out a couple loads of laundry then continued my canning. Made a steak and burger sauce and bruschetta.

Making a potato parmesan and zucchini soup in a little bit. Temps to drop to 42F tonite and there are frost advisories out for central and northern Wisconsin! My veg garden is in a low spot but I think I'll be ok but I'll check temp when alarm goes off tomorrow morning.

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my sister's College chums is here for a few days so today we went out to breakfast, Church, I Layread today and I don't have to for another month! HOORAY!
. Then we went out to lunch and then to a bookstore, I got four books, then to a Jewerly store and I got a new ring that's shaped like a cat, then we tried to go to an Art Store but it was closed. I'm at home chilling out now.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finished my trim painting outside, helped hubby put away some kindling in a dry box for winter, he did a chicken on the spit on the BBQ so I did up some corn on the cob and sliced some lovely tomatoes from our garden. Did up the dishes and cleaned the BBQ drip tray and spit shiny clean.

Just chillin' now and thinking about having a nice hot bath.

I used to like hot tubs but then I heard some horror stories about the bacteria fostered in the warm environment and now I cannot bring myself to take the plunge. I have a friend who got very bad yeast infection from a hot tub and another that got a bad rash. Mind you, they were using a hot tub at a party with a lot of people using it as well. It wouldn't be the same as using a private hot tub with just the family I suppose.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm having a pretty depressed weekend...I am at my house and the house is empty since my parents left to go on vacation
I hate being here alone ...It's the most depressing thing ever! Lol I am such a baby but it's scary how sad I really feel! I never get sad when I'm away from home but I had never actually stayed here all alone and I feel like I hate the entire house when I'm alone.