What odd things get you through the day?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seemed to latched onto Angel, yes, the vampire TV show cancelled years ago.
I have no idea why. Bad, I mean BAD acting, plot, now what is that? but I duno, it seens to sooth me
And I am sober now.
Yikes

kimberleigh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do yoga or a workout session most mornings. Makes me feel good about myself and gets the day started off right. A walk on the beach is sooo soothing and relaxing, even better with the dogs. A glass of wine or a novel on the deck can do wonders for me, as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh

I do yoga or a workout session most mornings. Makes me feel good about myself and gets the day started off right. A walk on the beach is sooo soothing and relaxing, even better with the dogs. A glass of wine or a novel on the deck can do wonders for me, as well.
That is not odd!
Im even more strange sober, go figure
(Glass of wine not so much now)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I have seemed to latched onto Angel, yes, the vampire TV show cancelled years ago.
I have no idea why. Bad, I mean BAD acting, plot, now what is that? but I duno, it seens to sooth me
And I am sober now.
Yikes
I LOVE Angel!! I was addicted for 2 years. TNT used to have Angel, Charmed then ER back to back. I had to get up every morning before 8:00am so I could get my fix. (I'm NOT a morning person!)

Now, I'm hooked on Bones (David B...) :drools: He would sooth anyone!

What gets me through the day...as strange as it sounds...butterflies. I love walking outside by myself and just watching the butterflies (some are quite tiny) and the bees going from flower to flower. Which is really funny because I absolutely hate bees! But, as long as they don't come around me, I'm fine.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My animals are a huge boost. A nice glass of iced tea, the smell of rain or fresh grass, hugs from my husband, sunny days

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NCIS. Seriously---I have seasons 1-6 on DVD and I watch a few hours a day. When I should be scooping litterboxes, LOL. And reading. Mostly "kid's" books (I like the Newbery winners), but also mysteries.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Click on my signature and you will see

Hey - maybe you should do your own blog!!!!
You can open your hear and we can follow your fight against your demons, cheer you along.... You can write whatever comes on your mind.... and if you don't want to make it so public, create a fictitious name and go to town! It might help you to share your story...
It is free, and I love spending my time working on my site - having a blog gives me a constant work flow.... there is always a need to update!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
watching bones! (its on in a few hours)
Watching ncis! tuesday nights love tony!

cuddling the kitties, having a bath and cooking yummy stuff!

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My critters. It's one of those rough patches in my life just now, and they are just about my entire reason for getting up and facing another day.
My marriage isn't working but in this economy neither of us can afford to live alone.
Both my younger daughters are having problems that I can't help with.
I am so totaly unsuited for my current job that it's almost comical.
But I always get head buts and cuddles and face licks when I come in the door, and that makes it all worthwhile.

I look at all these sleek happy cats and dogs and remember how sick and starved and scared they were when they came to me and know that I have done something to make a difference.

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cuddling up with the furries and my other half, reading a comfort book, watching Buffy/Angel or Gilmore Girls, eating chocolate, playing WoW... It's even better if it's raining outside and we're all cosy

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Once upon a time, it was the Perry Mason show for me.

Now TCS is my favorite time waster. Just imagine how great a novelist or guitarist or hot rod mechanic I would be if I didn't spend any time here!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Critters: its amazing how calming holding a snake can be

Kids: yup, they definately make the day go by faster....
Computer: different forums, facebook, Webkinz.com and doing graphical work... the last really uses some time.
Movies: self explanatory
Drives: I love to drive, especially when the seasons are changing, and the leaves are all different colours.
Coloring: very relaxing
x-stich: rewarding
journaling: love it

Knowing that I'm going to have bad days, (there is no doubt on that one) and looking forward to the little bits of sunshine that peek though and using them fully.

You know the saying "One day at a time"? It is so true. My life currently and for the past couple yrs, I have to live One day at a time, sometimes its even One minute at a time to get through a horrible day.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any show I used to watch in the past, but especially Star Trek TNG or DS9! I'm weird...I know.

All my kitties also help, but Keira the most because she is a bengal and just makes me laugh no matter how naughty she is.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During the week my lunch break gets me through. It's silly, it's not the eating part that I look forward to necessarily, but when it's about 12:15 or later I know I can go home to lunch and when i come back there's only a few more hours of work left. It feels so much better when i take a later lunch, so while the morning is long, the afternoon is short. Kinda a little odd?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I LOVE Angel!! I was addicted for 2 years. TNT used to have Angel, Charmed then ER back to back. I had to get up every morning before 8:00am so I could get my fix. (I'm NOT a morning person!)

Now, I'm hooked on Bones (David B...) :drools: He would sooth anyone!

What gets me through the day...as strange as it sounds...butterflies. I love walking outside by myself and just watching the butterflies (some are quite tiny) and the bees going from flower to flower. Which is really funny because I absolutely hate bees! But, as long as they don't come around me, I'm fine.
I have figured out why I like the show, (Angel) all that brooding, (I'm good at brooding!) living two lives at once, being all tragic and sad, longing for a life you can't have, or can you? (See, told ya Im good at brooding)
And yes, does not hurt the brooding vampire is a hunk of good looking eye candy. Hey, Im sober, not dead! And for a cursed vamp that is not supposed to have an, um, moment of perfect happiness, he sure seems to get with a lot of women! And what about his son, that moments of happiness, pure happiness, his child, he never vamped out! Ok I am rambling now, sorry.
To completly go back to your post I quoted, I also love butterflies. I went to Brookfield Zoos butterfly garden a few year back, it was wonderful! Sad thing is they dont live long, and well, there are , well, yea. (Back to the brooding)

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Leaving the TV in my office parked on the RTV (Retro Television Network) channel and watching Ironside, Marcus Welby M.D. and Emergency. I've even gotten somewhat hooked on Kojack. When the TV isn't on I have 70s music on the CD player, or classic country on my HD radio.