Another Rant *sorry* ^_^

russiankitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
(well I spent an hour writing it so I thought it deserved a posting)

Ok heres another rant (I was going to write on the original rant thread I made but thought I'd have another one) Sorry!! lol!!

OOoh I'm just so sad and mad.Feeling very deflated. Every one I know thinks I'm silly for getting more cats. I am so excited about these two. always knew I'd have more than 3. And I've been dreaming of adding two more for a while. It will cost me I have worked out £30 per week for 5 this includes cat litter. They will eat a mix of dry and raw. £30 a week!. People go out and get drunk every week on more than £30 and ya don't see me doing that! I don't even drink anything or smoke for that matter!!

And then we have the oh but you won't be able to cope. Cope!? Cope with what exactly? Ok I don't mean to sound ignorant, I am more than aware of what it takes to look after cats. It's going to add more to the handful I've got already but you know what, the picking Symphony off the top of the curtains and bringing her down. And the trying to stop Amadeus vanishing inside the bin in search of prized bananana skin and the continueing need to remove Nefertiti from playing with the wires at the back of the TV isn't such a terrible thing. You know why?

Because at night Nefertiti raises the duvet ever so gentely with her dainty little paw. She looks like a shadow in the moonlight with her beautiful black fur. She curls beneath the blanket close to my heart then begins to purr. I stroke her very gently as she is very tiny and I know she loves me. Amadeus clambers onto my knee in his sort of clumsy laddish fashion but sits there like a contented baby whilst I watch my favourite TV show. Symphony, Symphony might be more aloof but I see her sleeping in my coat it smells of me and I know in her own unique way she loves me dearly too.

And if I may very gently mention the state of my flat. I would like you to tell me when you first saw a feline using a dust pan and brush or perhaps a vacum cleaner.. what you havn't.. no.. NEVER? Well then why on Earth are you blaming my felines on the state of my home then? I'm sorry but I really can't understand.. (and by the way it's not actually a complete hell hole it just needs a good solid days clean).

I would also like to add some thing that makes me feel very hurt indeed. That is the fact i have mental health issues and the amout of times i have people associating my problems with the amount of cats I have. The trauma I have experienced in my
past and the way it some times affects me (like the wanting to stay at home and not socialize) has NOTHING NOTHING to do with cats!! The fact that some times when I am out I feel I am being watched so I feel scared and come home to where I am safe. HOW ON EARTH IS THAT MY CATS FAULT? If anything my cats help. Because when I get home and see their faces I know I am safe with precious loved ones. Arh and whilst we are on the topic of peoples opinions, I would appreciate it if people could stop calling me the mad cat lady. I am not mad for a start. I am a lady who loves and adores cats that is true but i am not a CAT LADY no. Infact if you took the time to get to know me you may realise I am a sane person just like you with hobbies interests passions witch are seperate from my love for all things feline.

Thank you for reading my rant if you got rigt to the bottom I think you deserve a chunk of canned tune !

I'm just sad because people assume when they don't even look deeper. I'm having a hard time since I told every one my desire to take on two more, people think I'm stupid for having three in the first place...

But ya know what, at the end of the day I live on my own. In a secure flat that is actually very clean when I don't have a cold or ladies problems. And ya know what I take a lot of care over my home. And ya know, next time some one I don't know asks me how many cats I have I will proudly stand there and say five with the biggest damn grin on my face. Cos at the end of the day there is just me and God I've got to answer to. So if I my deepest heart desire is to live with five of the most beautiful creatures God put on this earth that I am sure going to do that!!! And I couldn't care what the Mr whatever or Mrs whoever has got to say about it. I'm a five cat lady and happy happy happy

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You go girl! We also get people shaking their heads at our pets , but they are all well cared for, our house is clean and we have their total devotion. So to heck with all that stand in condemnation! It's none of their business!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have sufficient room to house yourself and your pets so all are healthy, if you have enough income to feed yourself and your pets well, and can afford health care for all of you, it's really no one's business. And, regarding health issues, it's now fully documented and medically accepted that pets can have a clearly positive effect on a person's health. Heck, my own internist regularly recommends pet parenting to his patients (ok, he favors dogs more due to the exercise factor for his human patients, but he also states that cats have been documented to help lower high blood pressure readings).

BTW, I notice I keep my house cleaner, and use more ecologically good products, well, other than the dusting of fur, because I don't want my kitties to get into anything bad....I'm sure you're the same. Sure, some people do laugh at the cat trees in my front room - but they admit they have things they love in their homes as well that aren't exactly part of "house beautiful"

Sure, there are those cases of hoarding, where it's clear that the person does have psychological issues and cannot care for their pets properly, but for those with the room, the finance, and the good heart to give a home to pets - they're not to be pitied, they're too be envied.

It can be hard for those who don't have pets to understand - I didn't understand myself how strong the bond is until I got my two - but that's really their lack, not yours. There's a Jewish saying that saving one life, saves the world entire - there's no doubt in my mind that that applies to saving non-human lives as well, so you've saved five lives, all on your own.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
RussianKitten\t
Another Rant *sorry* ^_^
... Because at night Nefertiti raises the duvet ever so gentely with her dainty little paw. She looks like a shadow in the moonlight with her beautiful black fur. She curls beneath the blanket close to my heart then begins to purr. I stroke her very gently as she is very tiny and I know she loves me. Amadeus clambers onto my knee in his sort of clumsy laddish fashion but sits there like a contented baby whilst I watch my favourite TV show. Symphony, Symphony might be more aloof but I see her sleeping in my coat it smells of me and I know in her own unique way she loves me dearly too. ...
Yes, and what you described is only a small portion of how they reach into our hearts, twist us around their little paw toe, and make us want more. We are glad to "slave" for them - the rewards have unspeakable returns.

We have three Inside Cats - and, for me - I couldn't take on more because I don't feel I could properly care for more, and, then there's the concern that they may outlive me and the uncertainty about what kind of care they would receive if I'm not there for them.

We also have 4 outside cats - 1, now very tame, and 3 semi-feral (a mommy and her two kittens) that we care for.

Such individual personalities, each worming their way into my heart in his/her own little kitty way.

I'm not sure what the signs of a "Cat Hoarder" are, but - I probably could be one - so, I'm very careful not to get myself into that sort of situation.

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

I'm not sure what the signs of a "Cat Hoarder" are, but - I probably could be one - so, I'm very careful not to get myself into that sort of situation.
In what we usually mean when we talk about hoarding, the cats aren't really taken care of, just sort of warehoused and somewhat fed. They never see a vet and there's no real attention paid to making sure they get good quality food or enough of any food. Dead and dying cats pile up in out-of-the-way locations and there are insane numbers of bony ratty-looking kittens.

The way I see it, if your cats are healthy and happy, you can have as many as you want.