TICA annual, Orlando, FL

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is going to be a tough show next weekend. The entry count is huge at 343 cats.

A whopping 80 short haired kittens and 58 short haired champion cats. I'd be willing to bet that out of those 138 kittens and cats, that nearly half of them will be bengals.

There are 50 alters! I've never been to a show with that many alters being shown.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck - guess its a "be honored if you get one final" type of show

We've had a few 40 alters total shows - let us know the counts.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Luck at the show next weekend.
I will be showing Cleo next sunday at the last Hayward show before the show hall is torn down.
Sometimes there are 50 alters here when I show Cleo.
I noticed some of them are GC that were altered.
I hope Ty does well.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will be showing an HHP kitten. They only have 15, but more than most other shows this season. The adults have over 30.

TC's arm is starting to look better. The vet will remove the remaing stitches - yes, he already popped some, but since they used glue and it didn't look too bad, we're just letting him be. He clearly refused the cone while still at the vets - they never saw a cat so upset by a cone. Even though he's been mostly a good kitty during the experience, he's been labeled a very strong headed kitty.

On the other hand, even right after he came home he was playing like nothing ever happened. He jumps AND changes direction in the air like no cat I have ever seen before. If it wasn't for his fur color, I'd think I'd bought one of Nial's bengals.
I bought a feather toy recently before the surgery with interchangeable heads, and he keeping detaching the feather head.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Good luck - guess its a "be honored if you get one final" type of show
Yes Martice, I think you're right about that. I'm not expecting to get anything as this is the big once a year show for TICA where all the top cats from the last show year get their awards. I'm sure many of those cats will be present.
We'll have Secret Agent Man showing as an adult/alter for the first time. He's got some kitten shows under his belt. Tiberius will show for his 2nd time in kitten class at 6 months of age. Full Metal Jacket part Duex will debute as a 4month old, but he is already as big as Tiberius. Steely his sire has those "huge cat" genes and on top of that his dam, Tuscany is a 13 pound bengal girl. That is virtually unheard of for size in a girl. He is already 7 pounds at 4 months. We have a goliath in the making.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Similar to our National show, we had over 100 kittens. I was thrilled that my girls made the top 10 in 1 out of the 3 rings.

Best of luck to you Nial
And Starfish with your HHP.

Our next show is over 400 cats competing for just 10 places.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like your Bengals want to rival those 18-20 lbs Maine Coon cats! Tho a friend of mine that has a Bengal stud - he's pushing 20 lbs and not fat - just all muscle (I think he's out of Sandelwood lines - but think that might go back to Drinkwater - not sure). He's a HUGE boy.

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A copy of my post about Top Cat in the health forum:

"Thursday night, he ripped open a couple of stitches, but only resulted in a little pink on the surface. Took him Friday to the vet, and since they used both stitches and glue, and some stiches were still left, they left him alone. Now last night, mom heard him ripping open the rest of the stiches. This time, it opened up his wound. Now, I have to take him to the vet first thing tomorrow to probably have it reglued. I am going to ask for just the glue if possible because apparently stitches are too attractive for him."

So much for him having a chance at the show. Since we've made so much reservations already and I really need to go on the vacation for personal reasons, can I just take him for exhibition? Or what would you suggest?

Edit: Oops, meant to put this in the thread with my earlier questions about Top Cat. Didn't mean to hijack.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew!

Tough show. Our kittens got lots of top 3 breed placements and top 5 color placements, but NO finals.
Our alter boy Secret Agent Man, got 1 best of breed and 6 second best of breed, but NO finals. Good points for him though.

This was not a good show for anyone with a bengal. Very political with all the judges showing their cats....and guess who's cats finaled?

I knew that coming in though.

We still had fun and it was good seeing old friends.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Whew!

Tough show. Our kittens got lots of top 3 breed placements and top 5 color placements, but NO finals.
Our alter boy Secret Agent Man, got 1 best of breed and 6 second best of breed, but NO finals. Good points for him though.

This was not a good show for anyone with a bengal. Very political with all the judges showing their cats....and guess who's cats finaled?

I knew that coming in though.

We still had fun and it was good seeing old friends.
Do they still recieve points even if they don't final?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Do they still recieve points even if they don't final?
Yes, in TICA, points are awarded for top 5 color awards and top 3 division awards, but you have to final to get titles. You could have 10,000 points and if you have no finals, you get no titles. Of course with kittens it's a moot point, there are no titles for kittens, but kitten points do count towards regional and international awards.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In CFA also a breed win goes towards your point count (unless you were the only cat of that breed there...happens to me all the time!)