Blehh heat wave!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know what's up with this weather, but we rarely get over 100, and it was 109 today! I only just converted that to celsius (I still don't work in fahrenheit) and that's almost 43c!!! EWWW!

It's after midnight and still 30c in the bedroom (I think that's close to 90f). I can't sleep.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
average out yours, and add our "too cool" for summer temps, and we'd get a nice day

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had our heatwave about a month ago...man, I thought I was gonna shrivel up! I feel for you!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are more than welcome to send some of that up our way. Ontario missed out on a proper summer this year!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are already 90 and it will be between 105-109 later.
I can not wait until it strts being in the 80's for highs.
My watermelons have died on the vine.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We usually have those temps up here, but it's only supposed to get to 101. Earlier when Oregon was roasting we had it around 113. It was HOT! This summer has been a scorcher. I'm just hoping it cools for the wedding in two weeks.

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
whew, over a 100F is tough. i shaved Boo because she was having trouble with the low 90s (we have a bedroom window unit set to 70 degrees 24/7 for her, but she won't stay in the cold room
)

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
here in riverside it's been 108-110. even at 7am it's in the mid to upper 70's. my front and backyard looks pretty bad. i just turn the water on but haven't pulled any weeds. of course having hotflashes doesn't help either.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can send some of that heat this way today. I'm sitting here at an event for my husbands hobby/work (rc crawlers) and I'm wearing jeans and a hooded sweatshirt, sitting in the sun, and I'm freezing!! Brrrrr!!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep it sucks. Long Beach on the coast averages 70s and 80s. The past few days we've been mid-90s, which isn't as bad as the inland parts, I know, but it's still bad, especially when my work and my home don't have AC. (well we have this portable AC thing but it doesn't cool off the room, just kinda takes the edge off a little) And it's not getting cool at night like usual to cool off the place, which is the worst part!
Oh well, it'll pass. BF and I will spend at least part of the weekend at Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach for their sour beer fest going on. MMMM...

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must be where all the heat is, since we never really had a summer here. Sunday and Monday will be rain and temps only in the upper 60's. Well, maybe it will average out and we will have a mild winter.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm inland too and it's 108F here today. We're all lazying around in the delicious air conditioning.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

You are more than welcome to send some of that up our way. Ontario missed out on a proper summer this year!
I'll second that for Manitoba! I think we had 3 days where the temperature got to upper 20's Celsius. Most of the time it's been cool and/or cloudy and/or raining! Today is around 20 Celsius but at least it's sunny.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

That must be where all the heat is, since we never really had a summer here. Sunday and Monday will be rain and temps only in the upper 60's. Well, maybe it will average out and we will have a mild winter.
Its been really cool here in Minnesota, too! Today was barely in the upper 60s & next week will be upper 60s & MAYBE 70s, if we're lucky! I think we've had maybe a full week of hot weather this summer, but hey - I'm not complaining

I hope it cools down for all of you in this heat wave! I'll send a bit of our cool weather your way!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I don't know what's up with this weather, but we rarely get over 100, and it was 109 today! I only just converted that to celsius (I still don't work in fahrenheit) and that's almost 43c!!! EWWW!

It's after midnight and still 30c in the bedroom (I think that's close to 90f). I can't sleep.
Are you from Brissy Sarah? It's 30c up there today, and it's Winter
Only around 20 down here in SA.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

Are you from Brissy Sarah? It's 30c up there today, and it's Winter
Only around 20 down here in SA.
Yeah I am - that's a bit warm! It'll be a humid heat too. It always kills me goin home, I haven't lived in humid heat for 7 years!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll send some of my weather your way. Right now its 55F outside and drizzling. Lows the next three days at night in low to mid 40's!! We only had one 90F day and that was in June!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 98 right now. I don't know what it was earlier though. This morning, it was nice from about 7:30-10:00 while I was outside. But when I went to the store about 12:00 or so, it was HOT!!!!