Cat hisses at other cat, then people

dunooooo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am currently living with my parents. I have my own cat, who we've had for about 8-9 years now. My moms' cat, is about 1 or 2 year older. These cats have been excellent with each other up until now, until recently. Recently, whenever my cat sees the other cat, she immediately chases the other cat, and hisses and growls at anyone who tries to stop her, or is in her way. She acts completely normal around me. My cat not getting along with my mom's cat is causing problems, and i want to know if i have to take her to the vet for anything. Could i maybe get some advice on what i could do to fix this situation?

Thank you

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have always been told that a behavior change is often the first sign of a health related issue. A vet visit would be the first place to start.

After the vet check you could try to back track to when the behavior started and see if you can find anything that might have contributed to the change.

Has mom's cat gone to vet lately? They come home smelling different.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skimble

I have always been told that a behavior change is often the first sign of a health related issue. A vet visit would be the first place to start.
I would take both cats in for vet checks - the primary concern would be with the kitty being chased/hissed at. Often a "healthy" cat will act aggressively towards another one who is sick.