Many cat owners should rule the world?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just think this is hilarious!

I work in a call center, and got a call today that was going down hill fast. The caller wanted me to do something that just wasn't in my power to do. In order for that to happen, he had to put the request in writing. I explained that to him at least 5 times and it was starting to get heated. I was trying to stay as profession and calm as I could be but he was really starting to tick me off......

....then, in the background I hear a loud "meow"...then another...

the call continued like this....

Caller: (still angry) I'm sorry, I have a little paw batting at my hand because it's dinner time.
Me: Oh, I can completely understand Sir, I have 7 cats of my own and they are very demanding!
Caller: (laughs) Oh, with 7 I can understand, I only have 5 and I'm their slave!
Me: (laughs) Yep, I know. They just allow us to live in their house, and pay the bills, and feed them...etc
Caller: Yeah, I'm older and I've grown to love cats more than anything.

So we shared short stories about our cats, and he ended the call by saying:

Caller: I should have known you were a cat person because you are so nice (this is the same caller that yelled at me earlier
) Now, what do I have to do again?

I gave him the same info I gave him 10 minutes before and he was happy as a clam. The call ended:

Me: well, you better go feed your Master's before you have a mutiny on your hands!
Caller: I will! And give your cats extra head-butts for me when you get home, and have a great weekend.....

Maybe I should bring up cats more often????

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's the most awesome thing I've heard in a long time.

caitsith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's funny ! So you now what to do in future when you have a problem caller ! Slip in a comment about cats !!!! I used to own my own salon,and it's amazing how many problem clients change thier tune when they realise you have something in common!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My pets are my money makers at work...I had a table last night where the wife just seemed snarky from the moment I greeted them and got their drink order and I over heard them talking about how their cat tried to climb into her decoration bird cage...So I told her the story about how my cat Pickles (RIP) ate my moms goldfish once because someone forgot to put the tank lid back on..Pickles was a ferocious hunter..LOL...That changed the ladies tune quite quickly and we spent about 20 minutes trading stories about cats and her and her hubby we just nice as pie after that...They proceded to leave me a 6 dollar tip ( big to me for two people with barely a 20 dollar bill) and then tell my manager that they thought I did a great job and will more than gladly come backto eat another time as long as Im there! That made my night!! I thought they were going to be the worst table of the night!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that! That really made my dull morning cheerier!!

People are amazed when I tell them about my 16 year old cat...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

My pets are my money makers at work...I had a table last night where the wife just seemed snarky from the moment I greeted them and got their drink order and I over heard them talking about how their cat tried to climb into her decoration bird cage...So I told her the story about how my cat Pickles (RIP) ate my moms goldfish once because someone forgot to put the tank lid back on..Pickles was a ferocious hunter..LOL...That changed the ladies tune quite quickly and we spent about 20 minutes trading stories about cats and her and her hubby we just nice as pie after that...They proceded to leave me a 6 dollar tip ( big to me for two people with barely a 20 dollar bill) and then tell my manager that they thought I did a great job and will more than gladly come backto eat another time as long as Im there! That made my night!! I thought they were going to be the worst table of the night!
It IS funny how people suddenly calm down when we have something in common. I guess it makes us more human or something.

This is still cracking me up though. After I got off the call, everyone in my row that wasn't on a call turned around to find out what happened....I just said, "he's a cat person".

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

changed the ladies tune quite quickly and we spent about 20 minutes trading stories about cats and her and her hubby we just nice as pie after that...They proceded to leave me a 6 dollar tip ( big to me for two people with barely a 20 dollar bill) and then tell my manager that they thought I did a great job and will more than gladly come backto eat another time as long as Im there! That made my night!! I thought they were going to be the worst table of the night!
Originally Posted by calico2222

After I got off the call, everyone in my row that wasn't on a call turned around to find out what happened....I just said, "he's a cat person".
Great stories folks