TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › "Moon Rock" is not from the moon!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Moon Rock" is not from the moon!

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/..._not_moon_rock


HMMM????? Is this proof that no man on earth set foot on the moon? That is was all faked in Area 51????
post #2 of 19
Insured for Half a mill, yet worth no more than 70 bucks.
post #3 of 19
I think man has been on the moon, I just don't believe early US Astronauts went there.
post #4 of 19
I wouldn't take THAT rock as proof that nobody went to the moon....its provenance is extremely suspect. It sounds like it's been around the block a few times.
post #5 of 19
I heard a similar story several years ago that it wasn't the actual rock
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymotus View Post
I think man has been on the moon, I just don't believe early US Astronauts went there.
So, who do you think went exactly? Other than the 6 Apollo missions from '69-'72, nobody has ever been to the moon.
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090827/..._not_moon_rock


HMMM????? Is this proof that no man on earth set foot on the moon? That is was all faked in Area 51????
And the Holocaust didn't exist, and Bush planted explosives in the World Trade Center, and Elvis is alive and well and living in Australia.

The rock may be a fake, but the Apollo missions weren't.
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
I know that the Holocaust happened, the Bush didn't plant the bombs in 9/11, that Elvis is dead, but I do not believe that man went to the moon.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowy View Post
I wouldn't take THAT rock as proof that nobody went to the moon....its provenance is extremely suspect. It sounds like it's been around the block a few times.
post #10 of 19
Just because THAT rock isn't from the moon, doesn't mean none of them are. I don't know how anyone can disbelieve that man has been on the moon. Do you believe the shuttle goes to the space station? Is the space station even real? I suppose satellites don't exist either?
post #11 of 19
When one makes gifts of their rocks, it is wise to keep one's rocks sorted.
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Didn't say anything about the shuttle/satelite - just saying that the rockets with people in them never went to the moon. I believe that we can only really go a certain diestance from earth (where the shuttle/satellites are and not further.

Sure we've sent stuff to the moon (land rovers) but nothing human.
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Didn't say anything about the shuttle/satelite - just saying that the rockets with people in them never went to the moon. I believe that we can only really go a certain diestance from earth (where the shuttle/satellites are and not further.

Sure we've sent stuff to the moon (land rovers) but nothing human.
Out of curiosity, why do you believe we can send man into space, but not the moon? Is it based on scientific research as in it is physically impossible? I'm seriously asking your reasoning behind it.
post #14 of 19
I have no idea what the conspiracy theorists claim about faking a moon landing ..like I don't know any details..I just know one of them is the fact that the flag was waving while there is no wind up there?? Lol I do not have a scientific brain so I cannot even claim to have any knowledge on the subject but I am interested to learn more. In the 60s-70s the US was acting like everyone in government was an ignoramus or just someone blinded by paranoia....there is nothing that could surprise me by turning out to be a lie if it came from the government during that time period...
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ut0pia View Post
I have no idea what the conspiracy theorists claim about faking a moon landing ..like I don't know any details..I just know one of them is the fact that the flag was waving while there is no wind up there?? Lol I do not have a scientific brain so I cannot even claim to have any knowledge on the subject but I am interested to learn more. In the 60s-70s the US was acting like everyone in government was an ignoramus or just someone blinded by paranoia....there is nothing that could surprise me by turning out to be a lie if it came from the government during that time period...
I don't think the flag is moving (waving) its extended because of no gravity.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
I know that the Holocaust happened, the Bush didn't plant the bombs in 9/11, that Elvis is dead, but I do not believe that man went to the moon.
So why would the government lie about that? What purpose would it serve?
post #17 of 19
Thread Starter 
Because at the time it was a "race" with Soviats to be the "first to the moon". We didn't want them ahead of us.

In time (if we have enough time left on earth) - the real truth will be coming out. Do you honestly trust the government????
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ut0pia View Post
I have no idea what the conspiracy theorists claim about faking a moon landing ..like I don't know any details..I just know one of them is the fact that the flag was waving while there is no wind up there?? Lol I do not have a scientific brain so I cannot even claim to have any knowledge on the subject but I am interested to learn more. In the 60s-70s the US was acting like everyone in government was an ignoramus or just someone blinded by paranoia....there is nothing that could surprise me by turning out to be a lie if it came from the government during that time period...
There is an article on this at this website.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html#flag

It clearly explains theflag waving. There was no wind but the flag had a top bar that extended it out. When the astronauts were positioning the flag, they turned it andby the act of turning it, it made is seem that the flag was waving.

I firmly believe that we went to the moon.
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Because at the time it was a "race" with Soviats to be the "first to the moon". We didn't want them ahead of us.

In time (if we have enough time left on earth) - the real truth will be coming out. Do you honestly trust the government????
I kind of doubt the government could pull off a coverup on that scale. It takes waaaaaay too many people on the backend, as well as the astronauts themselves, to get a space mission into--and out of--the air.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › "Moon Rock" is not from the moon!