Kitty City?

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Has anyone here tried Kitty City products? I found them at WalMart when looking for an inexpensive cat tree. I like the fact that you can mix & match parts to build your own "city", and it doesn't cost a lot. I'm just looking for actual experiences with it before I buy. This is their website: http://www.kittycityusa.com/

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momto3cats

Has anyone here tried Kitty City products? I found them at WalMart when looking for an inexpensive cat tree. I like the fact that you can mix & match parts to build your own "city", and it doesn't cost a lot. I'm just looking for actual experiences with it before I buy. This is their website: http://www.kittycityusa.com/
Yes. I have two towers and a climbing hill put together into my own little creation. I might add more.

They're ok. Just be careful with the curved pieces like the climbing hill and sleepy corner come with. If you just put them together and get them in place, they either snap immediately, or one splits over the course of a week.

My solution was some epoxy and duct-tape. The epoxy holds the joint of the two pieces securely. The duct tape is wrapped around over the entire part of the joined pipes that are NOT exposed after full assembly. That keeps it from breaking or splitting.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a Kitty City piece (wal-mart only had one when I was there last) I LOVE IT!!!! GiGi the kitten is in there all the time and Ive even found Fatman in there at some points playing around...Geez even the dog gets in there to play around..The one I got has two "stories" and then two outer "decks" to it! It also came with jingle balls but Frankli managed to get them off and under the couch...I am looking for more to get because I love them and it has helped with out couch climber problem!! She now has her scratcher and Kitty City out in the living room to play with instead of everything in their bedroom!!!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It looks great, but I haven't actually seen one. My question would be, how sturdy is it? My cats tend to race through the house ( from dining room through kitchen and living room) and do a flying leap onto the cat three at the end of the run. I'd be afraid of having the thing collapse under them.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is actually really sturdy..I have a blanket rack next to my tower dohicky and GiGi likes to climb on top of the rack and jump down to the top of her tower and it holds up fine...The only time I worry is when FatMan sits on the deck and his butt is so huge that he sinks the netting!!! But so far so good its not broken..Even Franklin gets inside it for some play time but mostly its used as an offlimits zone for all three when one is sleeping in there noone bothers it they just get on a deck and nap on there!!! Currently all three are taking a nap on it which aside from our bed is the only time all three have slept together!