TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › 18 years later, kidnapped woman turns up alive
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

18 years later, kidnapped woman turns up alive

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
This was a big news story when it happened.
I can not believe she was found a live after all these years.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BA4N19EJ35.DTL
post #2 of 15
Wow! It'll be interesting to hear more details about the arrest.
post #3 of 15
I read that this morning. I can't wait for the details. I wonder where she has been all these years?
post #4 of 15
I heard about this on my home from work this morning. If this woman was a relative of mine there isn't a force on this planet that could stop me from inflicting some serious bodily harm on this sick piece of trash. I say that with all sincerity.
post #5 of 15
This is a story I'll be following. We cannot figure out how she just walked into the police station and said she was the missing child. Something is very odd. How did she "escape"? Or did they let her just go when she was all grown up? This is so very sad and bizaare.
post #6 of 15
More details have been revealed. The victim has two young daughters, and their behavior aroused the suspicions of a University of California - Berkeley campus police officer when the kidnapper took them there to distribute literature.
http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_13222539
Quote:
The unusual chain of events that led to the discovery of Dugard with Garrido began Tuesday, when he tried to enter the campus at the University of California-Berkeley to pass out religious literature. He had tried before, and campus police were familiar with his previous attempts to secure a permit for an unspecified event at People's Park, officials said.

He had brought the children police say he fathered with Dugard to the campus with him, and their lifetime of seclusion at Garrido's two-acre Antioch property showed up in the way they acted. When the young girls would not — or could not — make eye contact with the campus police officer who questioned him, Garrido's parole agent was contacted. The parole agent summoned Garrido to a meeting at his Concord office Wednesday.

Garrido arrived for that meeting with his wife, the two girls and another woman who identified herself as "Allissa."

During questioning, the parole agent called Concord police to help identify the girls and the unknown woman, who he had never seen during previous visits to Garrido's home. Authorities say they soon learned that the woman was Dugard and that Garrido had kidnapped her.
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
I am glad she was found.
Its terrible how she and the kids have been treated.
post #8 of 15
Sick - just SICK - this man got her pregnant when she was around 13, she was only 14 when she gave birth to her first child.... her nor the kids have ever been to a doctor...
And all this was done by this COUPLE??? Absolutely SICK! And this man is saying this is a trully heartwarming story that is going to make world news? WHAT????
post #9 of 15
He needs to tossed into a damp, deep, dark hole and left to rot and die. Prison would be too good for this creep.
post #10 of 15
I am glad she was found but the saddest part is, living with such monsters in a completely alternate reality has most likely done irreversable damage to both the mother and the daughters. It will be very hard for them to assimilate into normal life and redefine every single aspect of life...This story reminds me of those polygamist compounds ..except for its even worse
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ut0pia View Post
I am glad she was found but the saddest part is, living with such monsters in a completely alternate reality has most likely done irreversable damage to both the mother and the daughters. It will be very hard for them to assimilate into normal life and redefine every single aspect of life...This story reminds me of those polygamist compounds ..except for its even worse
I just hope, with all my might that those kids weren't sexually abused by him too... I have a gut feeling that they were...
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinalima View Post
Sick - just SICK - this man got her pregnant when she was around 13, she was only 14 when she gave birth to her first child.... her nor the kids have ever been to a doctor...
And all this was done by this COUPLE??? Absolutely SICK! And this man is saying this is a trully heartwarming story that is going to make world news? WHAT????


I heard him make that statement and I . I think he is truly delusional.
post #13 of 15
I have a feeling like these people might not face the punishment they deserve, since they can easily claim that the woman willingly stayed with them..
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
He needs to tossed into a damp, deep, dark hole and left to rot and die. Prison would be too good for this creep.
Oh, no. Prison, in the general population, with his story tattooed onto his forehead and back sounds about right...as long as the soap is really slippery if you know what I mean...
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrillblaiddes View Post
Oh, no. Prison, in the general population, with his story tattooed onto his forehead and back sounds about right...as long as the soap is really slippery if you know what I mean...
..........................
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › 18 years later, kidnapped woman turns up alive