If anyone says I am an unappreciated volunteer they are wrong..

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are dead wrong..

I just thought I'd post this here and share.

The lady who runs the animal shelter where I volunteer whom I consider a friend and the 2 other ladies I consider friends also. I was about ready to leave for the night just because it was getting late and I rode my bike to the shelter today. Anyways the lady who runs the shelter told me not to leave yet.

So she gave the dogs cookies and the two other ladies were up there that work there and gave me a card.

It's a cute pooh and piglet card and they all signed it and said they would be lost without me and thank you for everything.

Then I opened up the other thing and it's a visa card for $100.

I was shocked but so happy and said thank you. They said this is for doing everything taking pictures, bathing the dogs, walking the dogs, looving on the dogs, making their kennels nice, playing with the cats, etc.

So I thought I would share! I have been there since 2006 and I knew they appreciate me but they didn't have to prove it but they did and it was a nice surprise. They said they could have the animals sign too but that would be a long list.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That was nice! Yes, everyone does need tokens of appreciations now and then, especielly if you are doing your best.

This is double essential for volunteers, but a good boss knows it is true also for payed, even well payed - staff.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't that wonderful. Good for you. Make sure you spend that money all on yourself - you deserve it.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Isn't that wonderful. Good for you. Make sure you spend that money all on yourself - you deserve it.
absolutely!...

congratulations Krista!...
Thanks to you and the owner of the shelter still can said the world is yet a lovely place to live!...

I would love to see a pic where you walking at the dog!..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a lovely thing for them to do. Enjoy your little windfall, and know that you've earned it.