Question Of The Day - Wednesday, August 26th!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! We have yet another hot and muggy, dreary, rainy day in Michigan. I'm so looking forward to some crisp, autumn weather!

Here's today's Question Of The Day...

What is your favorite way to spoil yourself?

Some people like to shop, others have a nice restaurant dinner, maybe a pedicure, read a good book, take a long bubble bath, decadent chocolate... There's lots of good ways to spoil yourself...

I really enjoy having a massage. I never thought it would be something I would enjoy, until a friend gave me a gift certificate for a massage as a Christmas present a few years ago. Now I try to schedule one every few months. It helps me relax, and it feels wonderful when my back is tight from a long week at work.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure I quite understand this question (I have that problem with a lot of questions like this).

I honestly can't think of anything I do that actually serves as a rewarding behavior for myself.
I read a lot because it's a interest/obsession in my life. I simply MUST read.
Maybe everyone else could compare this with their love and interest in cats.

Shopping requires analytical thinking to weigh all factors of why I'm buying a particular item to begin with.
Often it can take weeks or months before I decide to get something, if I ever do. Not so fun.

Food is just food.

I guess I'm odd and boring.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm not sure I quite understand this question (I have that problem with a lot of questions like this).

I honestly can't think of anything I do that actually serves as a rewarding behavior for myself.
I read a lot because it's a interest/obsession in my life. I simply MUST read.
Maybe everyone else could compare this with their love and interest in cats.

Shopping requires analytical thinking to weigh all factors of why I'm buying a particular item to begin with.
Often it can take weeks or months before I decide to get something, if I ever do. Not so fun.

Food is just food.

I guess I'm odd and boring.
I'm curious about you, always have been.

Is there nothing in your life you do out of want over need? Like going and getting a pedicure because it makes you feel girly? Or going and buying a new cd because you've spent within your budget, can afford it, and are satisfied that you spent within your budget? Buy yourself a bag of chips just cuz you "want" them (noone really needs chips) Anything like that?

(I'm not trying to be offensive, and I apologise in advance....I'm just so very curious about you)

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fav way to spoil myself: getting some me time
or buying a new webkinz (my guilty pleasure) or getting work done on my tattoos

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I'm curious about you, always have been.

Is there nothing in your life you do out of want over need? Like going and getting a pedicure because it makes you feel girly? Or going and buying a new cd because you've spent within your budget, can afford it, and are satisfied that you spent within your budget? Buy yourself a bag of chips just cuz you "want" them (noone really needs chips) Anything like that?

(I'm not trying to be offensive, and I apologise in advance....I'm just so very curious about you)
I'm rarely ever offended unless I feel outright attacked in some way (and then it's more hurt than offense). To be completely honest and answer that question.

To answer the others. I don't like spending money.
It was drilled into my head from the earliest age that it was very very bad to do so. BUT, I will spend money for others. I'm more likely to buy that bag of chips for DH and steal 3-4 chips for myself. The few times I buy chocolate for myself to snack on, it's also usually given to him.
Items like cds and books are to add to collections, and again I have to study reviews, compare prices, fight myself to spend any money at all. I'm the complete opposite of impulsive when it concerns anything for myself.

This is not to say I don't feel rewarded for certain things: making a really good meal that turns out perfect, having my house scrubbed top to bottom, knowing that all of the litter boxes are nice and clean, finishing a project, etc. I guess that's usually enough for me.

.... yep, boring.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pretty much shopping for clothes etc. Fun stuff, not the neccessities.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually I have a couple, shopping of course mostly small things though like nice bubble bath, or a movie or book. I also like to go out and have a nice dinner on occasion. Soaking in a hot tub while reading is another favorite.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm rarely ever offended unless I feel outright attacked in some way (and then it's more hurt than offense). To be completely honest and answer that question.
Good, I'm glad I didn't come across other than being curious.

To answer the others. I don't like spending money.
It was drilled into my head from the earliest age that it was very very bad to do so. BUT, I will spend money for others. I'm more likely to buy that bag of chips for DH and steal 3-4 chips for myself. The few times I buy chocolate for myself to snack on, it's also usually given to him.
Items like cds and books are to add to collections, and again I have to study reviews, compare prices, fight myself to spend any money at all. I'm the complete opposite of impulsive when it concerns anything for myself.

This is not to say I don't feel rewarded for certain things: making a really good meal that turns out perfect, having my house scrubbed top to bottom, knowing that all of the litter boxes are nice and clean, finishing a project, etc. I guess that's usually enough for me.

.... yep, boring.
Perhaps, spoiling yourself is done by giving others a treat? Or am I just fighting a lost cause, and there really is no spoiling

and thanks for taking the time to answer my previous post

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like to open a nice bottle of wine, pull out a good snack (shrimp cocktail, maybe), and sip the night away while watching TV or a movie.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I quit smoking I've been treating myself on a weekly basis.

I've bought a new stove, washer, dryer, clothes, shoes, new laundry basket, linens, bathroom accessories and the list goes on. In 3 weeks I'm going on a week long golf holiday with my 3 best friends.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love to go out for a nice meal at the end of the week. Or occasionally I'll buy a shirt or something as a reward for myself or just because. However, it's very rare that I do so because it's very hard to justify spending unnecessary money on my poor college student salary,
. Much rather save any extra for next month's bills.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
For me it's taking at least 2 hours to do something completely non-productive (from a household chores standpoint.)

I love curling up with a video game and just wasting some time. That's my indulgence - spending time on something that will leave me with nothing to show for it.

I know I'm odd.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My biggest self indulgence is to stay home and do nothing but read, browse the pet forums and play with the cats, for two days in a row.

I almost never ever get two days in a row off for myself, so when I do, I tend to hibernate for all it's worth.

Even though it means playing catch up later.