You favorite childhood song?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One post on the "Obscure song" thread got me thinking about favorite childhood songs (thanks aswient!). We have her's, if she will post it again. Here are some of mine. I used to play these on 45's on my little tiny record player until my mom was ready to scream! LOL. I also put on "concerts" for my family...yeah, I burned those tapes my dad made.

(Am I wrong to believe the guy at the top in the middle is Drew Carey???
)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ3KU...eature=related

Don't think you can't find your favorite childhood song on YouTube because you will be surprised!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sk_pacer

Great.....another thread to make me feel old!!!ROFL

Mine was How Much is that Doggie in the WIndow by Patti Page. And I vaguely recall Bingo by Jim Reeves.
Oh, I remember that one as well! Mom and I used to sing it at night. Mom sang, and I did the little barking noises.
Nothing wrong with age...just means you experienced more. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). She also used to sing "paper dolls", and some songs from the 20's, like "Down by the Old Mill Stream"....they were also favorites.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't recall a favorite song, but I did have a favorite album! (which I still have!)

Free To Be You And Me...Marlo Thomas and Friends (she was my crush when I was young)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite song from when I was little was absolutely "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys
...I was an odd child lol.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Puff the Magic Dragon was it for me. And my father use to sing You take the High Road to me when I could sleep. My dad had a wonderful voice well suited to old Scottish Folk Songs.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the christmas music....like rudolph the red nosed rain deer!! that's my favorite one.
I sing it to myself all the time even if it's not christmas
Like sometimes if I'm nervous or something I sing it to myself and it helps me relax.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
We had a toy record player that my father built and probably half a dozen records. Of course we played them over and over until it drove our parents nuts. This was my favorite song out of all of them.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Puff made me cry!

I remember loving a song we sang in music class. Something about a mule named Sal and the Erie canal. Also "This Land is Your Land."

But Kodachrome was my favorite.

Please forgive my spelling tonight. I've had a bad day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Puff made me cry!

I remember loving a song we sang in music class. Something about a mule named Sal and the Erie canal. Also "This Land is Your Land."

But Kodachrome was my favorite.

Please forgive my spelling tonight. I've had a bad day.
This one?

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As a child I absolutely loved the Laverne & Shirley theme song. It was my favorite show too.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This still captures my imagination and makes me feel really happy.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I remember Top Cat! And Puff the Magic dragon was a favorite too. Keep them coming!

Originally Posted by fifi1puss

YES! Your awesome! I loved this too!

you don´t going to believe me but still on air some chapters and I really ENJOY again to watch it!..