What's your favorite "creature" movie?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw District 9, and I really enjoyed it. I really liked the creatures in it..they were cool!

What's your favorite movie with creatures..Creatures can be anything but animals and humans

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As old as it is I think my favorite is "The Blob" with Steve McQueen..

pilot8569

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alien vs Preditor. Awesome movie. I love the part where she joins up with the preditor to fight the alien. "Hey, you can't just leave me here" The preditor turns, sizes her up, and proceeds to arm here, off they go. Blows me away everytime.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

How about "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"?
OMG awesome!!!

Does Cloverfield or Zombies (not really human) count? I am the biggest Zombie fan in the world! LOL. Alien vs Preditor was also awesome. Also the cave freaks in the Descent i think have to be my all time fav.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess it's obvious I spend too much time watching movies with kids, but either the luck dragon from The Never Ending Story, or Jim Hensons little dudes from The Labyrinth. Although a movie that has David Bowie looking like that isn't just for kids....

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bookworm

I guess it's obvious I spend too much time watching movies with kids, but either the luck dragon from The Never Ending Story, or Jim Hensons little dudes from The Labyrinth. Although a movie that has David Bowie looking like that isn't just for kids....
OMG!!! Kids still watch these! These were my favs! My Mom had a total crush on David Bowie LOL and her and I would watch this movie over and over again.

Falkor was so amazing when i was a kid. It was actually the first name i suggested for Brunos name, my boyfriend wouldnt even consider it LOL.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pilot8569

Alien vs Preditor. Awesome movie. I love the part where she joins up with the preditor to fight the alien. "Hey, you can't just leave me here" The preditor turns, sizes her up, and proceeds to arm here, off they go. Blows me away everytime.
Yes I liked that one as well. Also there was a cult classic in the 80's called Rawhead Rex that was pretty good.
My all time favorite however had to be Nightbreed....lots of creatures in that one..
Bit of trivia both Rawhead Rex and Nightbreed came from short stories by Clive Barker who created the Hellraiser series..

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BaloneysMom

OMG!!! Kids still watch these! These were my favs! My Mom had a total crush on David Bowie LOL and her and I would watch this movie over and over again.

Falkor was so amazing when i was a kid. It was actually the first name i suggested for Brunos name, my boyfriend wouldnt even consider it LOL.
Duh, Falkor! .
I was trying to remember his name when my many breed mutt turned up a year ago. It would have so fit him, pleasant face and wise eyes. Your BF is probably right, I can just imagine what the grandsons would do with that name.

I watched Never Ending Story with my kids, and now with my grands. My girls were about grown when they brought Labyrinth home, I think we're all 3 in love with the Goblin King.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

i'm a Gremlins fan.

Gizmo.... Gizmo *smile*
LOL, me too. My first cat, his name was Gysmo....because he had this stripe that reminded me of one of the gremlins LOL.

I think Gremlins was the first movie I saw in theater.

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jupeycat

Labyrinth is my favourite film, I love Brian Froud's creatures!
Oops, that wasn't Jim Henson, was it? His were in The Dark Crystal. And of course Sesame St.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm almost forgot one of my favorite creature features.
Split Second, not the car movie but the one with Rutger Hauer set in futuristic London with the giant rat-creature.

I think one of the funnest quotes I ever heard comes from that movie

The first time the young detective sees the creature his response is

"F^&8K we need to get bigger guns"
That line always cracks me up.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alien.
Hey, are Hobbits, fairies, dwarves, and Orcs considered human?