any ideas how I can rid my bathroom of a ghost?

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So....First off sorry I have been MIA this summer...it has been very busy with a grad school class and taking care of my mom after her knee replacement. The surgery went well but the hospital forgot to set up services! ANYWAY...

I have a TINY problem...my bathroom is haunted. Which explains why my cats (esp moo) go nuts whenever I'm in there and why they sit on my feet and are constantly underfoot. Moo goes nuts when I take a bath he won't stop meowing.

ANYWAY....

For awhile I got the feeling that someone was watching me when I take a shower. (only when my husband isn't home) and one day I woke up to find my make up remover bottle turned and balanced upside down on the pump! (its a pump bottle)

WELL the other day I was showering again after my husband left and I got the feeling like someone was in the room with me and watching me. ONLY this time I made out a figure out of corner of my eye. I opened the shower cutrain only to find no one was there and since the doors were closed the cats didn't get in. Weird huh? and I got goosebumps all over. When I opened the doors the cats ran in meowing.

So...what do I do? I know the ghost isn't dangerious but it is weird.... It doesn't show up anywhere but the bathroom..and I don't know if it is trapped in the bathroom because its confined there or because I have religious items in all the other rooms so it can't move freely through the apartment.

anyway just through i would share.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man I'd love to hear what mediums or other ghost experts have to say about this. I'm sorry you have to experience the weirdness!! This sounds very scary....

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check out some of the ideas here:

http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

I did a google search on "how to get rid of a ghost" and found a bunch of stuff.

My mother frequently "visits"; I know it's her by the smell of her favorite perfume. She turns the lights off and on and messes with the curtains in my living room. It doesn't freak me (or my cats) out because I know it's a "friendly" ghost. If it was a ghost of someone I didn't know, that would creep me out totally!

Let us know what happens!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a ghost hunter friend (though he calls himself a paranormal investigator). I'll ask him the next time we work together. However, I don't think he ever tries to get rid of them, so he might not know.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
You might try bringing one of the religious items into the bathroom to see if it has any effect.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been able to get rid of things like that; I try to co-exist and move as soon as it's feasible.

Funny you brought this up; we went to some garage sales a couple of Saturdays ago and found some pretty cool things. The problem started that night when our daughter heard and saw some odd things. The next day (Sunday) my husband and daughter both heard weird sounds they couldn't figure out.

Weird stuff happened again Sunday night so the next day our daughter put all the stuff we had bought at the sales out of the house and onto the deck. The noises and other strange things stopped.

We were going to bring the items in one by one but they are still out there, lol.

I've lived in two haunted houses, tried to talk to the spirits or ghosts (or whatever they are), always ended up having to move. This was the first time we'd brought something into the house; we've lived here seven years with no other incidents.

Hope you get some peace.

esme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the solution would be ...to only take showers with hubby?

seriously, you're braver than me-- i'd be scared. i'm following this thread closely to see what solutions come up...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Maybe you should try talking to it? Telling it you don't like it watching you in the shower.
Yep - that's what I used to do... than just go about your regular business without giving much attention to it...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's trapped in the bathroom "because I have religious items in all the other rooms so it can't move freely through the apartment." That would freak me out a little
I would probably. I would try putting religious items in the bathroom
!

zuma-xo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had places haunted before (my old house) and I know how you feel when you say they watch you.

I have no idea how to get rid of them, perhaps have your house blessed (which usually costs nothing, perhaps maybe a donation to the church, but nothing more)? I have also heard of people telling the ghost outloud that they own the house and certain behaviours are unacceptable. I just warn you to NEVER USE A OUIJA BOARD and never ASK it to move something or do something. This invites them and it is not a good action. Ouija boards are not a good tool to be playing with unless you have lots of experience with them.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tell it to go away? or maybe look for more logical explanations first as to what is causing that watched feeling.

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Funny you brought this up; we went to some garage sales a couple of Saturdays ago and found some pretty cool things. The problem started that night when our daughter heard and saw some odd things. The next day (Sunday) my husband and daughter both heard weird sounds they couldn't figure out.

Weird stuff happened again Sunday night so the next day our daughter put all the stuff we had bought at the sales out of the house and onto the deck. The noises and other strange things stopped.

We were going to bring the items in one by one but they are still out there, lol.
Try to figure out what item it is by trial and error and sell it on ebay?

Something odd happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was sitting on couch one evening watching tv - the tv is on the north wall of the living room, behind that wall is a tiny bedroom, to the right is the hallway. Off that short hallway is the master bath, and two bedrooms. Thus while sitting on the couch you can see into the hallway and one of the bedroom doors.
Worn padding under old carpet suggested that the former occupants used the middle room as an extended hallway and shortcut to the kitchen for many many years.
I swore I saw a woman in 60s dress. A-line (?) type skirt with a matching knit sweater, both in robin egg blue. She had short blond hair and could have been in her late 20s or 30s.
I saw her just for a split second, enough for maybe three steps in one's walk, going from what would be the my bedroom to the middle room.
I must be losing it.
My house isn't haunted, maybe something recorded over the years.

This house was built in the 1960, no one died here and the land used didn't have any homes on it before this one. I believe we're the third owners.

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to feel really weird when I first moved into my old apartments. They were built in the 70's sometime so not sure what's gone on there. I was sleeping in my room and my cat (Midnight) would have full run on the place. I'd just leave my door open so he could come and go as he pleased.

Well, one night I woke up because I heard something in the kitchen. It sounded like cabinets. Midnight likes to get on the counters and open the cabinets with his paws. I thought to myself, oh crazy cat. But....then I rolled over and he was curled up sleeping next to me. I just got this eerie feeling and didn't want to get out of bed at all.

Also, I stayed 2 nights in a haunted castle while on a group tour in Ireland earlier this year. I had my own room to myself and I was in some other ladies room and told them I wasn't sure I wanted to go to mine. I did and I was alright. I did go out with the camcorder during the first day and recorded the whole place. I wonder if I watched it back, if I would see anything?

I also fell asleep with the tv on. I do that at home all the time, but I have a routine. I wake back up, turn it off and put the remote on the night stand. I woke up that morning, the tv was off and the remote on the floor. I have no idea, but I don't remember turning it off.

I think I have felt my mom around a couple of times. Last year I kept hearing a woman's voice in my ex's apt and then again in my car while driving. I have a tattoo on my leg that I got for my mom and once while laying on my stomach on my bed, I felt something touch my tattoo. Very strange.

Good luck! If it's not really bothering you, you may not have to worry about it. But if you're uncomfortable, I'm with everyone else. Try bringing something religious in the bathroom and see if anything changes.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^That may or may not be possible, but if there's a window...

Years ago when I was living in a definitely haunted home I'd get that watched feeling. At one point though it felt different. I've always been very weird about wanting my windows thoroughly covered at night (I don't like knowing anyone can see in and I hate seeing things reflected in the glass) and thankfully so. I heard crunching around in the bushes outside one of my bedroom bedroom windows. I found broken branches the next day. Apparently someone was out there at some point, though we never caught anyone.
The little town I grew up in used to have was real weirdos, though....

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second the spy camera checking. I watched a tv crime show where a pervert contractor put cameras all over a family's house- including in the bathroom. You never know! I should also mention that this was a true story.

sammyp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Try to figure out what item it is by trial and error and sell it on ebay?
That's an incredibly amusing plan
I wonder if there is anyone out there who frequents yard sales etc just so they can sell the odd "haunted" item.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgina

That's an incredibly amusing plan
I wonder if there is anyone out there who frequents yard sales etc just so they can sell the odd "haunted" item.
I've actually seen "haunted" stuff going high on eBay. Apparently, there's quite a market for it. I don't know why I was searching for it in the first place, but I certainly was not looking to buy.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have felt the presence of "others" watching me sometimes, I usually just tell "whoever" to knock it the *bleep* off and go find something better to do!"
Im not really afraid of spirits, souls, astral beings, whatever term you want to call them. I think they are around us all the time, some just make themselves known a bit more.
One did scare the bejebus out of me though, one of my first experiences with the "other plane"
Years ago still living with my ex. He had left for work and I was still in bed, awake, was not in half dream mode or anything close to it. Was laying on my side getting ready to get up, and heard the back door open and close, and then footsteps, I said out loud "Why are you back?" then felt someone plop down on the bed next to me, thought of course it was him and turrned over to ask again why he had come back home , no one was there.
Well, you never saw someone run from a room so fast in your life, while screaming! I think I scared whatever was there more than it scared me, it didn't come back!
My dad had a "ghost" for a while, his first house he had after my mom passed away, some time after, and he had a lady friend move in. Odd things started happening, the TV would turn itself on and off at random, the sterio would turn on and off. I think it was my mom just messing with him, not out of jealousy, she just had an odd sence of humor in life, why not in the after life?

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is odd that you only feel it in the bathroom. Is it an older house that may not have originally had that room as a bathroom? I once lived in a house that had a bathroom added when indoor plumbing was run in. It was off the kitchen, and several times when I was soaking in the tub, I saw a figure walk by the door, walk over to the fridge and open it, as if it were curious about things that were relatively new. I would close the kitchen door from the hallway to keep others out while bathing because for some reason I did not like closing the bathroom door for more than a few minutes. My things were constantly falling off the shelves on to the floor, and my motorcycle helmet flew across the living room like it had been slapped off the mantel. There was a room full of people there at the time, and all of them saw it, and left shortly thereafter.
A few weeks ago on a Sunday morning, it was foggy and I was sitting in my cab at the old bus station on Camp Lejeune. It was about 5 am, so there was nobody else there yet. I glanced up and saw a Marine in what appeared to be a vintage (think Gomer Pyle era) uniform sitting on the bench next nearby. He had not been there when I pulled up. I nodded to him and went back to reading my paper. I glanced up a few seconds later and he was gone. This is a wide open parking lot with an old fashioned wide building. There was no place for him to go. I even drove around the building a couple times to see if someone was just messing with me. He was just gone! I was really glad when another cab got there. I am not easily creeped out, but that really did it.