Cat has adopted us

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is a picture of the cat that has adopted my husband and I. She is really shy and likes to sit under our back porch.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trap, neuter (spay) and release....

She looks like a stray, and by your post I assumed you were caring for her (feeding) that's why I asked.... I'm sorry if I was mistaken

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Trap, neuter (spay) and release....

She looks like a stray, and by your post I assumed you were caring for her (feeding) that's why I asked.... I'm sorry if I was mistaken
We are feeding her.. but she is very scared. When we first saw her.. she was skin and bones. I didn't want to call the pound because I knew what would happen. She has warmed up to us but my husband thinks she was abused because of the way she acts.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl2000

We are feeding her.. but she is very scared. When we first saw her.. she was skin and bones. I didn't want to call the pound because I knew what would happen. She has warmed up to us but my husband thinks she was abused because of the way she acts.
Awwww, poor baby. I hope you are able to get a trap so she can be spayed.... getting pregnant would not be good for this baby. You don't have to call the pound, but she definately needs a vet visit to ensure she doesn't get pregnant.

She's in my thoughts.... And thank YOU for helping get this kitty the care she desperately needs....You are an
for helping this beautiful lil girl

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww..... She is so pretty

She is lucky to have found you too!! Keep us posted on this little girl! Have you named her yet?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww....what a little doll baby. How proud you must be to have been Chosen by her. Hurray for you for taking up the challenge of winning her trust!

Has she told you her name yet?

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

It may (hopefully) have just been treatment she didn't understand. Although there's no telling how many houses she was chased away from before she found people with a heart. I'd always thought animals who cringed had been abused, until one of my pups needed four times a day eye drops for a week. She still cringes if you reach for her head, and trys to shy away.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In a weird way, I think this is Ryan's way of telling me he is alright and it's ok to let another kitty in my heart.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

In a weird way, I think this is Ryan's way of telling me he is alright and it's ok to let another kitty in my heart.
OH yes, I totally agree with that!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
check out the forum "Caring for Feral and Strays" - you'll get information about caring for her - like getting her spayed - (if she's not already)

TNR
Liz Cava - expertvillage has a series of instructional videos
on trapping, here's just one on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAKvP...eature=related

she may even have a litter of kittens stashed somewhere nearby, -- there are all kinds of things to consider.

You guys are absolutely wonderful for taking her in -

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Definitely. I think our fur babies look after us after they leave us (I don't know by experience yet, thankfully), and Ryan knows that you have a big heart with a lot of love to give.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was adopted 10 years ago by my Callie and it's been the best thing to ever have happened! She was also very skittish in the beginning, but after steady food, a nice safe place to stay, and then eventually inside, and lots of TLC and patience, hardly anything bothers her.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well we have named him.. his name is Felix. We found out that she is really a he and Felix is doing well. He is warming up to us even more. My husband and I are making progress.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At first, my husband thought Felix might have been abused but after watching him for a few weeks we both realized that he probably was never socialized and never anyone's pet.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Felix is adorable! Are you going to adopt him? Or just care for him? Either way, you can search for a low-cost place to neuter him here:

http://www.pets911.com

You can also just google "low cost neuter" and then list the name of your city or county.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY! Welcome Felix! He has probably had some contact with humans, a truly feral probably would not warm up so quickly, or sit for a picture. He's probably been dumped..or maybe just lost, for a longish time.

I don't think, heaven forbid it would ever happen, two of my three would warm up to strangers very fast, if ever, if they ever got lost. But it doesn't bear thinking about. <shudder>