TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › upcoming wedding thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

upcoming wedding thread

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
i decided to make this thread for all of us who are approaching a very exciting time in our lives where we can come and add to it and talk about the excitement of our upcoming wedding plans. Its also a great place for people to share wedding ideas with each other.



so ill go 1st with an introduction:

got engaged on June 27th, and have the date set for Oct 30,2010. Its going to be a Halloween theme wedding, its something i wanted to do ever since i was young. So far i decided that i want the bridal party colors to be black and deep red. Im looking for a white wedding dress with some red designs or something. This year after Halloween im going to be doing lots of shopping for decorations and party favors for next year, cause after Halloween ill be able to get everything half off! I want to get those feathered eye masks to have at each persons seat as part of the party favor and fun, and still need to think of lots of other fun things.

So far we have the banquet room booked and we are doing a wedding/reception combo and getting married right there in front of everyone.

Its over a year away but time is creeping up fast!!!

Next step for me is wedding dress shopping and Halloween decoration shopping.

so who else has an upcoming wedding they want to share here?
post #2 of 29
Mine is coming up quickly, September 12. We've been engaged for almost a year now.

Our wedding will be very simple in our local park. The colors are red and white.

It will be a simple reception right there at the park, just finger foods and cake. We are toasting with sparkling apple cider because I'm allergic to alcohol so no champagne for us.

Right now we are finalizing details, like confirming with the minister and getting the dress hemmed.

I'm getting NERVOUS!!
post #3 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeygirl View Post
Mine is coming up quickly, September 12. We've been engaged for almost a year now.

Our wedding will be very simple in our local park. The colors are red and white.

It will be a simple reception right there at the park, just finger foods and cake. We are toasting with sparkling apple cider because I'm allergic to alcohol so no champagne for us.

Right now we are finalizing details, like confirming with the minister and getting the dress hemmed.

I'm getting NERVOUS!!
that sounds really nice, and you guys are doing it similar to us with the wedding/reception right there. Fiance and I will also be toasting with something besides alcohol, he has been sober for 3 yrs now.
post #4 of 29
Travis and I have been together for 6 and a half years We have been engaged for what will be 3 years on December 8. We bought our first house this past December. We were supposed to get married this past July 11 but I'm not even going to get into that right now(family issues).

Anyways, we are getting married June 16, 2010 in Myrtle Beach, SCI have my dress and all the accessories and we have our wedding bands. I have to start getting good recommendations for salons and florists in Myrtle. My only obstacle now is making sure I still fit into my dress in 10 months! YIKES!For Travis he will wear khakis and a white button down short-sleeved shirt. Then afterwards, I'll change into a less heavy dress(my dress feels like 100lbs!) and go out to dinner with our parents. The whole deal is Trav's parents have a timeshare down there. So we may either A)Stay at the condo with them and get our own room for our wedding night or B)get our own suite for the whole week for about $1600.

FYI This is the company we are going through for the ceremony and we are doing package 3 and doing the unity sand bottle.

http://www.mbweddings.com/packages.htm

When we get back we will maybe have a party with our friends and family that couldn't be there with us!
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by cats4sky View Post
i decided to make this thread for all of us who are approaching a very exciting time in our lives where we can come and add to it and talk about the excitement of our upcoming wedding plans. Its also a great place for people to share wedding ideas with each other.



so ill go 1st with an introduction:

got engaged on June 27th, and have the date set for Oct 30,2010. Its going to be a Halloween theme wedding, its something i wanted to do ever since i was young. So far i decided that i want the bridal party colors to be black and deep red. Im looking for a white wedding dress with some red designs or something. This year after Halloween im going to be doing lots of shopping for decorations and party favors for next year, cause after Halloween ill be able to get everything half off! I want to get those feathered eye masks to have at each persons seat as part of the party favor and fun, and still need to think of lots of other fun things.

So far we have the banquet room booked and we are doing a wedding/reception combo and getting married right there in front of everyone.

Its over a year away but time is creeping up fast!!!

Next step for me is wedding dress shopping and Halloween decoration shopping.

so who else has an upcoming wedding they want to share here?
How exciting!! You got engaged on our wedding day
post #6 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
How exciting!! You got engaged on our wedding day

awwwwww!
post #7 of 29
Cats4sky!... what a good Idea for a thread!...

congratulations for EDY & Oscarsmommy for your soon new step in your lifes!....
post #8 of 29
FH and I are planning our June 5, 2010 wedding right now We have the venue, photographer, and DJ booked, as well as my dress ordered. (i'll post pics when it comes in) We have our engagement session for the end of June, and then I'll be able to do our save the dates. We're also doing our own invites and already have the sample invite that I did.

We're really ahead of the game, which is what I wanted when we got engaged last year. I didn't want to be stressed out planning a wedding in 9 months, rather than have a lot of time to get things done in 1.5 years. I'm glad we waited.
post #9 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yam102284 View Post
FH and I are planning our June 5, 2010 wedding right now We have the venue, photographer, and DJ booked, as well as my dress ordered. (i'll post pics when it comes in) We have our engagement session for the end of June, and then I'll be able to do our save the dates. We're also doing our own invites and already have the sample invite that I did.

We're really ahead of the game, which is what I wanted when we got engaged last year. I didn't want to be stressed out planning a wedding in 9 months, rather than have a lot of time to get things done in 1.5 years. I'm glad we waited.

yeah, that's one of the reasons i picked oct 2010, that gives us lotsa time to get ready we still have over a year, im one of those people that like to be ahead of the game as well.


congratz to everyone who has posted so far
post #10 of 29
First off, Congrats to all who are about to make this life altering change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post

FYI This is the company we are going through for the ceremony and we are doing package 3 and doing the unity sand bottle.
We did unity sand as well. When we married, we had 2 children already and wanted them included as much as possible. Our Minister did a wonderful job with the ceremony, and the unity sand. We each picked our different colours, and our bottle has 4 colours because not only were we getting married, we were also starting a new stage as a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yam102284 View Post

We're really ahead of the game, which is what I wanted when we got engaged last year. I didn't want to be stressed out planning a wedding in 9 months, rather than have a lot of time to get things done in 1.5 years. I'm glad we waited.
Good for you. The less stress the better


again, congrats to all of you
post #11 of 29
Oh, I LOVE wedding threads!!! Our wedding was almost 4 years ago, but I still love the excitement...living vicariously and all that, you know.

One thing that saved us a LOT of money was getting things from the shops on E-bay. Not everything there is second hand, and I got my flowers (silk), invites, bridesmaid jewlery and my jewlery, favors, ingraved mugs for the groomsmen all on ebay for a fraction of what I would pay here (I live in a small town and there isn't a lot of comeptition).

Also, we were cleaning out the basement this past weekend and I have BAGS of tulle, beads, and misc wedding stuff including at least 30 silk candle rings in burgandy and pink, if anyone is interested. Just pay the shipping and it's yours. I'm not trying to be mercinary here but it's either put them to good use or burn them. I actually forgot all that was there!

If anyone is interested, just PM me and let me know.
post #12 of 29
I got engaged on my birthday earlier this year, we plan on getting married with as little fuss as possible and hope to be able to run off somewhere and do it without anybody knowing. It may seem odd to some but I have very bad anxiety plus I've always hated attention, for me the day will be about the future only and not the wedding if you get my drift.

Oh to be normal!
post #13 of 29
travis and i got married this past december, and we were supposed to have another wedding this October because my parents couldnt fly down from over seas, now we are trying to post pone it to october 2011!!
post #14 of 29
Hubby & I have a standing engagement (we're common law) He keeps preposing (with out a ring, no wait! One time here was an onion ring...) and I just keep telling him we don't have the money poor guy.

One day we'll have a big party for all our friends & family and do it up properly, but first I'll have to have & then loose some baby weight!
post #15 of 29
Edy, How's the planning going? It's coming up here really fast eh?
post #16 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupeycat View Post
I got engaged on my birthday earlier this year, we plan on getting married with as little fuss as possible and hope to be able to run off somewhere and do it without anybody knowing. It may seem odd to some but I have very bad anxiety plus I've always hated attention, for me the day will be about the future only and not the wedding if you get my drift.

Oh to be normal!
i hear ya, i think eloping is very romantic and always said it would be romantic to run off to vegas and do it! but then i started thinking about the families and we are both only childs, and I on the other hand love the attention so we decided to do the wedding. I still say to Mark we should run off before hand and secretly get married now and not tell anyone and then still do it in public like planned, cause i cant wait that long!! lol
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
OMG OMG!!!

i think i just figured out what our 1st dance is going to be:

"Lovesong" by The Cure

and it will fit perfectly with the whole Halloween theme!
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady View Post
Edy, How's the planning going? It's coming up here really fast eh?
Just talked to the Minister. Got the license on Friday. I think my DJ ditched on me, but that's okay. We'll just make a CD and bring a stereo. My dad is making my bouquet from red and white roses and mom is doing my veil.

Got the food decided, we are just going to get some sandwich platters from Costco. We go pick up the tables and chairs on the 10th and we both have the jitters and have been sniping at one another

So far so good!
post #19 of 29
10 days and counting!!

We just got the cake dealt with. We are ordering two sizes from the bakery and stacking them ourselves. Lots of chocolate!!

Hi I'm Edy and I'm a chocoholic!

This week I have five days off so we are going to make the favors and get the little things done including cleaning the house because some of the people coming haven't seen it yet.
post #20 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeygirl View Post
10 days and counting!!

We just got the cake dealt with. We are ordering two sizes from the bakery and stacking them ourselves. Lots of chocolate!!

Hi I'm Edy and I'm a chocoholic!

This week I have five days off so we are going to make the favors and get the little things done including cleaning the house because some of the people coming haven't seen it yet.
nice! i hope you will create an online album and share your pics with us. glad to see your planning is coming along well.
post #21 of 29
I wish I had caught this thread sooner! I was just married on August 31st, and it's no exaggeration to say it was the happiest day of my life. Literally a perfect day in every way.

Good luck to the rest of you, and I send you that your special day goes as smoothly as mine.
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by srrh View Post
I wish I had caught this thread sooner! I was just married on August 31st, and it's no exaggeration to say it was the happiest day of my life. Literally a perfect day in every way.

Good luck to the rest of you, and I send you that your special day goes as smoothly as mine.

congratz!!!


you got married on my b-day lol
post #23 of 29
Yay!! Our DJ didn't ditch!!! He called last night and we got our special songs picked out.

Our first dance will be by Lonestar it's called Amazed.

We are country fans. But we have a silly song to play when the minister announces us. Happy to be Stuck with You by Huey Lewis

6 days and counting!

Congrats ssrh! I'm hoping our day will be as wonderful!
post #24 of 29
Well, if this doesn't bite! The DJ called tonight and they have a contract with a local resort that just switched the date of their big year end bash to my wedding day. I understand why he must do that gig, but dang! 3 days before the wedding....I guess no music

I'm not going to cry...yet.
post #25 of 29
Aww! You made it too late for me! I got married a month ago.
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeygirl View Post
Well, if this doesn't bite! The DJ called tonight and they have a contract with a local resort that just switched the date of their big year end bash to my wedding day. I understand why he must do that gig, but dang! 3 days before the wedding....I guess no music

I'm not going to cry...yet.
Oh hon, it will be ok. A wedding isn't a wedding without a few little hitches. Just start burning CDs or make a cassette and put a friend in charge of it. It will still be a beautiful day!!
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by calico2222 View Post
Oh hon, it will be ok. A wedding isn't a wedding without a few little hitches. Just start burning CDs or make a cassette and put a friend in charge of it. It will still be a beautiful day!!
I know, gonna start on that tomorrow.

Now the chairs fell through. I'm gonna call the guy at the city who said if we need anything to let him know, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, there is a senior center right at the park and maybe we can use some of their chairs and a table or two.
post #28 of 29
okay, got chairs, working on music, charging the video camera battery, cake is ordered, food is ordered, mom and dad are on the way.....Yay...tomorrow is the day!!!!!
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgeygirl View Post
okay, got chairs, working on music, charging the video camera battery, cake is ordered, food is ordered, mom and dad are on the way.....Yay...tomorrow is the day!!!!!


It is finally here

Many good for you and your husband to be. Hope your daughter enjoys herself too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › upcoming wedding thread