Cat Queens become pregnant?

dandderwencats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am Fostering a queen cat with 3 kittens which are 3-4 weeks old, I dont know if she is pregnant again. What symptoms are there?

jack31

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger didnt' start calling until her babies were about 5-6 weeks I think and she was outside in an enclosure. The remaining weeks until she was spayed were miserable for me and the neighbors--for her too I'm sure.

Leslie

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It is possible for a cat to get pregnant within days of giving birth. How long have you had her? Did she already have the kittens when you got her? What, specifically, makes you think she might be pregnant?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the mom has been outside since having kittens its a very good chance she is pregnant again and for her health she has to be spayed now. She cannot nurse kittens and be pregnant with another litter and be in good health - one or both sets of kittens will be compromised.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

It is possible for a cat to get pregnant within days of giving birth. How long have you had her? Did she already have the kittens when you got her? What, specifically, makes you think she might be pregnant?
Yes, many do have heat quite soon after delivery.

Another possibility is she may had two different litters simultaneously and delivers them several weeks apart. It is NOT common, but not entirely unique either.

This is why it is necessary to know exactly how do you mean...