Motivational Quote of the Day: Aug 23 on Procrastination

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hee hee hee. Yup, I procrastinate....like I'm doing now.

“Procrastination is the bad habit of putting of until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday.â€

Napolean Hill

“We shall never have more time. We have, and always had, all the time there is. No object is served in waiting until next week or even until tomorrow. Keep going... Concentrate on something useful.â€

Arnold Bennett

“How soon 'not now' becomes 'never'.â€

Martin Luther

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm the opposite of a procrastinator but hubby is certainly a good example of one. I tend to want to do whatever needs to be done so I can get it over with and relax. I'm one of those people who cannot sit and read or do anything relaxing if there is something that needs to be done. I'll fret about it and end up not relaxing at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I'll have to ponder this more, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to do so.

(another procrastinator here)
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

My favorite saying: Better late if ever!
I think I'll
about the above comments tomorrow.

I get done what "needs" to be done. There's a huge difference in something that needs doing, and something that could/should be done.

Example: We took out movies on Friday, due back today. We watched one yesterday, it could have gone back, but it did not need to go back. Both movies went back today.

Library books: have been done reading them for a week now, but they are due tomorrow... So they were returned while I was out today.

Only time I can't relax, is if its something that "needs" to be done, and I can't do it.

Aside from that, I procrastinate on a lot of things.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I figure anything that "should" be done like dusting, vacuuming, etc. is something I "need" to do so I tend to be a bit anal about jobs. When my house is clean, laundry done up and chores done, then I relax. Hubby on the other hand will leave everything until he is at the end of a deadline and go like mad to get it done.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend is dead, I kept saying I would talk to him again and again. Now he is gone. Forever. no take backs in life, it just slams ya upside the head.
I could have talked to him, could have done a lot of stuff, but I didn't I put it off, its another day after all. The days end, and you are left with regrets

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

My friend is dead, I kept saying I would talk to him again and again. Now he is gone. Forever. no take backs in life, it just slams ya upside the head.
I could have talked to him, could have done a lot of stuff, but I didn't I put it off, its another day after all. The days end, and you are left with regrets
That is a type of procrastination I learned the hard way. The "I'll visit next weekend" syndrome..... My great gramma next got to meet my second daughter because of it. That was when I woke up and quit procrastinating when it came to visiting people, or showing people how I feel about them. My laundry on the other hand, can always wait till tomorrow if I don't need it today.

There's a huge difference between procrastinating about doing your laundry, and procrastinating against visiting/calling/etc. The difference unfortunately is something we usually have to learn the hard way, and for that, and all those who do learn, I'm sorry.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Unfortunately many of us have experienced this and always ask ourselves why we put it off. I also lost a long time friend and had done the same - I'll visit next week or next month and then it was too late. I'm so sorry you lost your friend but I'm sure he has forgiven you. Fortunately I don't class something like putting off a visit in the same category of procrastination of doing little jobs/chores.

Chris is right on about laundry not being nearly as important as visiting a sick friend. I'd have to say that on that point we heartily agree.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Fortunately I don't class something like putting off a visit in the same category of procrastination of doing little jobs/chores.

Chris is right on about laundry not being nearly as important as visiting a sick friend. I'd have to say that on that point we heartily agree.
we actually agree on something

In my case, my great gramma wasn't even sick
I wasn't driving then, and my mom and I kept saying "we'll go next day, next week, next......". My great gramma fell while playing with her puppy and broke her hip. The stress was too hard on her 96yr old body and in hospital she ended up having a stroke, then a heart attack.

I am so very thankful she met my one daughter, just wish and do regret that the only time she saw my youngest was when I came to her funeral (my youngest was 2-3mos old).