Does anyone else like to journal?

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If so, what does your journal look like? Do you collect journals?

I started journaling when I was 8yrs old or so, and have a box full of asst. filled journals.

I haven't journaled in a while, and I probally should be. Thanks to a wonderful friend, I recieved this stunning journal:

The paper in it is unlike any I've ever had before...the texture, etc. Hopefully you can read the sheet that came with it.

This next one is an older one, also a gift, from one of the staff members at a group home I was in, in 1992. WOW....I feel old now, even tho I'm not, but that was 17yrs ago
I love this one because on each page it has a quote related to being a woman.

I didn't start writing in this one untill 99, and it wasn't regular, so the writings in it range from 1999 to June 25 2007 (the day after our wedding). I don't think I'll finish it though.

I'm going to start journalling again.

So, anyone else care to share? Do you collect journals (yes I do.... I love them, different kinds/shapes/papers) and do you write in them?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been journeying off and on for years as well. It started as a project in Grade 4 I believe. I have never really had real journals per say but just used notebooks. I do however have a book of about 20 in my closet that cover about 15-20 years.
It is something I been thinking about getting back into since my health issue's surfaced, sort of a way to keep track of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I have been journeying off and on for years as well. It started as a project in Grade 4 I believe. I have never really had real journals per say but just used notebooks. I do however have a book of about 20 in my closet that cover about 15-20 years.
It is something I been thinking about getting back into since my health issue's surfaced, sort of a way to keep track of them.
Do you ever go through them? I have, sometimes I laugh (over silly things like 11yr old falling in love) and sometimes I cry, and sometimes I feel a great sense of pride if I compare where I am now to where I was 15yrs ago.

I do know a few people who journal for their health issues, and I do have a pain journal as well (it's not a "fancy" one) so that if I can ever find another doc, I can take it in with me. I do regret not starting one when I first started having problems a few yrs back
It would have been a great asset to me, especially if I end up on fulltime disability (hope not....but only time will tell).

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Do you ever go through them? I have, sometimes I laugh (over silly things like 11yr old falling in love) and sometimes I cry, and sometimes I feel a great sense of pride if I compare where I am now to where I was 15yrs ago.

I do know a few people who journal for their health issues, and I do have a pain journal as well (it's not a "fancy" one) so that if I can ever find another doc, I can take it in with me. I do regret not starting one when I first started having problems a few yrs back
It would have been a great asset to me, especially if I end up on fulltime disability (hope not....but only time will tell).
Occasionally I will take an afternoon and leaf through them. I always recorded the weather, and interesting topics of the day. Sometimes I get quite a kick about reading how annoyed I was at someone and sometimes if it dealt with work I can't even picture that person anymore.
As for the health one it is sort of geared more toward the physicophical sort of a pep talk to myself. I find it helpful especially if I am having a few bad days because I try to include days when I feeling great as well to go back and realize it's all just temporary and thing could shift tomorrow.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The one in the top picture is lovely. I like the idea of buying something like that - sustainable and fair trade. I don't journal though, far too lazy!