TV shows "Psychic Detectives", "A Haunting"

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like these 2 shows. Anyone else? Both have me glued to the screen

"Psychic Detectives" is where police enlist the help of a psychic to solve crimes.

"A Haunting" is where people give their accounts of interactions with supernatural entities (usually bad ones, in a haunted house).

There's gonna be a brand new eppy of "Psychic Detectives" in about an hour and a half! Yay!

In the last one I saw, the psychic told police "You arrested the wrong man" and she was right. She said the man you want is schizophrenic and has a wiry build. She told police he would commit a final crime in town, near the town's stone church. All 3 details panned out!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I've watched Psychic Detectives before, but I've watched and read things about Nancy Webber - if anyone has a claim to being legit, she does. She has done a lot of crime related work.

As for A Haunting, they sensationalize the stories a lot. If you search online you can find the original stories that inspired some of the episodes. The Summer Wind one for example, is strongly suspected of being completely faked. The guy needed money, what easier way to get it than start making up stories? If you look up "guardian tales" you can find a site with a lot of stories - some sound rather fake, but there's one "The story of man" (or something like that) that an episode of A Haunting was made from - I remember the webmaster talking about it years ago on a forum.

I also dislike how everything is evil or a demon.
So you see a dark figure? that doesn't mean it's evil. And so on.

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree about "A Haunting" it's very out there and they really do seem to make out everything as evil. I much prefer "Ghost Hunters" They are more looking to disprove the stories and weed out the fakes, some of the things they've caught have given me goosebumps. They are also VERY hesitant to say someplace is actually haunted.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't hold a very high belief in those things so those shows don't interest me much.

You should watch Penn and Teller : Bulls*it sometime on how they debunk "psychics" and all of those TV programs.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^I have. As I said, Nancy Webber is one of the few I actually believe could be doing anything.

Originally Posted by badgeygirl

I much prefer "Ghost Hunters" They are more looking to disprove the stories and weed out the fakes, some of the things they've caught have given me goosebumps. They are also VERY hesitant to say someplace is actually haunted.
So do I. They're obviously bias, but are more logical people. Some of the stuff they catch on video isn't that different than stuff I've seen.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like A Haunting. You also might like Paranormal State.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

You also might like Paranormal State.
meh. Too much "Did you hear that?" and "It's very very cold in this spot" etc

So boring

Just my opinion

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^It's still on Sci-Fi, or as it's now called "SyFy". In fact, it would have been on yesterday.

I don't like Paranormal State, either.
They all seem immature and everything, again, is a demon or evil.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I don't like Paranormal State, either.
They all seem immature and everything, again, is a demon or evil.
i thought it might be cool but it's such a snoozefest.

one other show that's cool is "Ghostly Encounters". they even had a celebrity edition with Belinda Carlisle and Ernie Hudson. Belinda Carlisle claimed a dark entity tried to choke her one night