Cookbook Recommendations?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a friend who likes Bobby Flay and Gordon Ramsay, does anyone have any of their cookbooks that they like and would recommend?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any of their cookbooks, but have a preference for Flay's style of cooking over Ramsey's. If your friend likes southwest style food, then I would vote for Flay's.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it would really depend on the type of food she is most comfortable serving. They are both great chef's however I think Bobby Flay is a far more practical type of cook and that is reflected in his choice of recipes. If she is just a beginner cook I would recommend his.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

I don't have any of their cookbooks, but have a preference for Flay's style of cooking over Ramsey's. If your friend likes southwest style food, then I would vote for Flay's.
he does like spicy food so I guess that applies

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

They are both very talented. I doubt you could go wrong with any one of their books.
very true

Originally Posted by tierre0

I think it would really depend on the type of food she is most comfortable serving. They are both great chef's however I think Bobby Flay is a far more practical type of cook and that is reflected in his choice of recipes. If she is just a beginner cook I would recommend his.
ah, now that is one thing I was wondering. He is a fairly "new" cook so Flay it is! Thanks, Susan!