Question of the day Aug 22nd

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's question has to do with community events:

Do you enjoy attending and participating in community events?

I ask this question today because I am attending and agricultural fair this afternoon sponsored by one of the local communities. I really enjoy attending these events, but also us to participate quite a lot in my younger days. I find them loads of fun and it gives us the opportunity to get out and spend time with neighbors. This particular event I am attending today is in the small town where I grew up and went to grade school so that also gives me the opportunity to see some old classmates, and friends as well.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do enjoy them when I actually can go
We have things like your agricultural fair, plus TurkeyFest, and a few other community events.

Hubby and I are car nuts, so we go to events sponsered by our car club, etc.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I USED to, but not anymore. I will go if I go with my club but that's about it. Don't like the crowds and the noise.
Same feelings here, of course would like to help with lot of entusiam but not very often....

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope! I've always had the description "does not play with others" or "does not interact".
I'd be more likely to help plan an event and help set up prior to, then stay to the background or go home to escape the crowd.
I'd terrible at small talk, uncomfortable and awkward around groups and crowds, and get overwhelmed easily. When that happens my brain sort of shuts down and I just want to escape..

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do like going to them, especially if they involve food

Originally Posted by strange_wings

Nope! I've always had the description "does not play with others" or "does not interact".
I'd be more likely to help plan an event and help set up prior to, then stay to the background or go home to escape the crowd.
I'd terrible at small talk, uncomfortable and awkward around groups and crowds, and get overwhelmed easily. When that happens my brain sort of shuts down and I just want to escape..
I'm not an interacter (is that a word?) either, but these type of things are great for people watching

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'm not an interacter (is that a word?) either, but these type of things are great for people watching
Exactly
I like seeing the animals, and the crafts at some of my towns events.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It totally depends on my mood. I like the city sponsored Farmer's Markets (we have good craft vendors here), and will do the occasional county fair or concert in the park.

But like a lot of other "animal" people out there, I more often prefer to just stay home with the kids and interact with them.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally don't go to these things because I do not like being in crowds of people. They are fun, but I hate the crowds. Funny though, I will go to amusement parks even though there are huge crowds too. But, my love for roller coaster riding is so great that I will tolerate the crowd. I never go to an amusement park on a weekend though, way to many people there for me.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As it so happens, my apartment building is having a BBQ tonight, Hawaiian themed. And yes, I'm going.

I have equal moments of 'love the crowds, schmoozing' and 'go away, leave me alone, I hate crowds.' I dislike big fairs, partly because one of the last ones I went to, there was a shooting and we were caught trying to get out of the stampeding crowds. Not fun, let me tell you. If it's something big, not so much. Unless there's something I want to see/do there. I like smaller community things, like tonight's BBQ... this could be fun... and free food... I'm game!!

Amanda