Weekend Invasion into your life: Sat. Aug 22

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm up way too early...uggggggggg.

This storm system is not being kind to me. I have a feeling its gonna be a long day.

Rainy, dreary and cool today.

Nothing planned aside from my doc appt.

Kitties are frisky this morning (part of what woke me up). I have a feeling that my hubby won't be impressed cuz I know they woke him too.... But I got up, so they came downstairs with me.

Have a good day folks.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!

Partly cloudy here today and about 22 which is so nice compared to the scorching temps we have been having.

Heading out in a bit to attend one of the area fall fairs. It should be quite fun because it is in the hometown I grew up in so should see a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile.

Afterwards just coming come for a quiet evening at home with the kitties.

The kitties are great this morning all sitting in the window watching a couple of ravens that are squawking there heads off.

Everyone have a great day

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would you believe that I slept in until 8:30 this morning? I'm still having "jet lag" from last week when I got no sleep at my sister's house.

I've got to get a couple things packed up to ship out this morning, then I think DH has the expectation to head up to the Farmer's Market. But he's still dead asleep so I'm not sure that will happen.

Be back later.......

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, school starts on Monday for me, so this weekend (which thankfully I am off for!) is going to be spent lazing around in a last celebration of summer.

I slept in until about 10:30 and it was lovely! The kitties seemed to enjoy it too surprisingly. Luke was a big snuggle bunny while Danny and Harvey occupied their time somewhat quietly with a round of batting Q-Tips around the kitchen.

I've got to go to the store for some last minute school preparations, but other than that my afternoon will be devoted to reading and straightening up the house.

Tonight I believe Josh and I are going to go out for a few drinks with some friends. I haven't been out in forever since I've been so busy with work, but I'm going to treat myself since who knows when I'll be able to catch a free night next!

Have a great Saturday everybody!

badgeygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's already hot hear, nearly 90

My mom and dad are in town to help with some of the planning and getting the dressed hemmed up.

It's the beginning of my work week, so off to work in a few minutes, then shopping for underthings for my wedding and then dinner out for my daughters Birthday

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning.. I slept til about 9:45ish, it was nice.
I probably would've slept later and been more lazyt but Genever was doing her scratching in the litterbox and i just couldn't ignore it anymore. Then of course she jumped right up on the bed with her litter feet to say good morning.. sweet of her, but ick. Oh well.

Didn't check out the Beatles Festival last night so we'll probably head over this afternoon sometime. I'm in the mood to not to a lot today besides that, but we'll see if that happens...

Also of note, we have a 20% chance of rain/storms in Long Beach today and tomorrow!!
Holy crap! Rain in the summer is seriously unheard of in this desert of Southern California. I could really go for a few rain drops and/or thunder.

Anyway, for those of you on the east coast, sorry to get so excited about storms...
But I don't get that out here, so since moving 2 years ago I have a new found excitment for precipitation. hehe.

Have a fun weekend everyone!!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was up early this morning and went to pick up my new (free!!) couch and love seat. They're really nice!
I put the couch cover on the couch and the cats have already approved of it. The loveseat is staying in the downstairs bedroom until I get a cover for it.
I took my old couch straight to the dump, so glad to get rid of it!
I've got to run over to the neighbors and get some of their blankets they need washing (I have a front loader) and I'm going to finish up my math homework.
Aside from that my house needs a good scrubbing so I plan on getting at least one or two rooms or the dishes done today!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Heading out in a bit to attend one of the area fall fairs. It should be quite fun because it is in the hometown I grew up in so should see a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile.
Anyway made it to the fair for a few hours and it was a lot of fun. Lots of great exhibits, and tons of fantastic food for sale. I bought a couple of pies and some cucumbers, zucchini and a huge cabbage which I think I will use for cabbage rolls. There is nothing like cabbage rolls made from farm fresh cabbage

Tons of animals to see and the best show was the 4H group and the calves they are raising this year. A couple of the kids had quite the time keeping their calves under control.

Only drawback was it turned really hot and humid after lunch and I am now feeling like I got just a bit to much sun. Think it will be an early night for me.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ended up at the big Farmer's Market up in the city and found 2 very large sun faces. One of them is already hanging outside my kitchen door - been looking for a large sun face for the last 3 years and couldn't find one inexpensive and big enough until today. The other is either going on the back of the house over the deck or in our sun room. They are 3 foot in diameter, made out of punched tin and painted.

I'm glad I went up there today. And to think I just wanted to stay home and get chores done.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evening All!!

Well the garage sale didn't go to well-less than 10 people stopped in-grrrr. So I have everything all packed up for another try some other time. But got lots of weeding and deadheading done today!!

But-I also opened a deep crack on my left heel I can't walk on it even with socks and cotton squares-YIKES!! I have 4 days of work and training new employees starting monday 6 am. But speaking of wokr I received an envelope in the mail today that was a thank you from the owners and a $25 Barnes and Noble gift card!! Totally unexpected!!

so I'll try to sleep well tonite-temps to drop to upper 40's! I'm thinking August have a cool finish-but its delaying my tomatoes!