Feels Weird

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack part Deux got neutered yesterday at 4.5 months old and he's one of our keeper show cats. Secret Agent Man got neutered at 6 months old a couple of months ago.

Tiberius will be neutered before he leaves to California to live with Frances.

It doesn't feel right, neutering our show boys.
I'm not used to this. I look at them and think what potential is there........was there.

One more girl (Platinum) to spay and we are officially down to zero breeder cats.

This chapter is almost at an end. The next chapter begins.

Oh and a footnote: Adilah has a nice red Aby boy for us that we've been waiting for.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, poor Nial and Teri.
It'll be ok!

Whatever happened with Firecracker.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard nothing about great things about Adilahs Abys.
My sister is very excited about getting Tiberius and I can not wait to show him.
I was wondering about Firecracker also.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Awwww, poor Nial and Teri.
It'll be ok!

Whatever happened with Firecracker.
Thanks Betsy!

Firecracker, well I think it's been almost 4 months since he produced that wound on his head. It's STILL not healed. Although getting better, there is still an open wound.
We're still talking to his breeder about what to do. To be honest I'm shying away from him now, because I can't understand why it would take this long to heal.
If I just wanted a pet Singapura and not a show cat, I would still take him. So we are thinking maybe a different Singapura kitten would be a better choice.
Time will tell on this situation. Firecracker is top notch for his breed, but I'm afraid he is going to have scars on his head and be head shy due to all the fussing over his wound.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Thanks Betsy!

Firecracker, well I think it's been almost 4 months since he produced that wound on his head. It's STILL not healed. Although getting better, there is still an open wound.
We're still talking to his breeder about what to do. To be honest I'm shying away from him now, because I can't understand why it would take this long to heal.
If I just wanted a pet Singapura and not a show cat, I would still take him. So we are thinking maybe a different Singapura kitten would be a better choice.
Time will tell on this situation. Firecracker is top notch for his breed, but I'm afraid he is going to have scars on his head and be head shy due to all the fussing over his wound.
Well, that totally makes sense, although it's sad for the poor boy. Let the breeder know I'll be happy to take him off their hands if he needs a good pet home once his little head is healed. I can handle head-shy.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would feel weird

Poor Firecracker, hope he heels up soon and gets a great home if you don't take him.

Congratulations on the Aby, you're getting closer to an Oci

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so jealous you're getting one of Adilah's abys! I can't wait to see pics (hint, hint). When do you get him?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is off the subject, but what happened with the cat you sold that ended up in a shelter out of state? I never heard the end of the story....

And for the neutering. I had the opportunity to buy a show quality Bengal and I was going to have him neutered, because I didn't intend to show or breed him.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

This is off the subject, but what happened with the cat you sold that ended up in a shelter out of state? I never heard the end of the story....

And for the neutering. I had the opportunity to buy a show quality Bengal and I was going to have him neutered, because I didn't intend to show or breed him.
He is either buried in the old womans back yard with dozens of other cats or he was among the 30 to 40 euthanized by animal control the day they were brought in. He was not among the dozen or so deemed worthy of life by the worthless staff at animal control.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He is either buried in the old womans back yard with dozens of other cats or he was among the 30 to 40 euthanized by animal control the day they were brought in. He was not among the dozen or so deemed worthy of life by the worthless staff at animal control.
How terrible! I am so sorry...I had no idea or I wouldn't have asked.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

How terrible! I am so sorry...I had no idea or I wouldn't have asked.
I know, it's ok.
I'm still really P.O.'d about that whole thing.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is a thread full of mixed emotions isn't it Nial! It must be so weird to have all your breeding kitties fixed and bring that era to an end.

I'm sorry to hear that Firecracker isn't any better and you may have to step away from taking him in
- it is strange that he hasn't healed after this time isn't it! Good luck with your search for a Singapura.

As to your former Bengal baby that you were trying to locate in Canada, I didn't know about this before. I'm so sorry to hear that news, it must have been heart-breaking for you.

On a happier note though - a lovely Aby boy coming home to you
that will be fabulous - Adilah's kitties always look so lovely, I can't wait til he's introduced to us here on the site.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

This is a thread full of mixed emotions isn't it Nial! It must be so weird to have all your breeding kitties fixed and bring that era to an end.

I'm sorry to hear that Firecracker isn't any better and you may have to step away from taking him in
- it is strange that he hasn't healed after this time isn't it! Good luck with your search for a Singapura.

As to your former Bengal baby that you were trying to locate in Canada, I didn't know about this before. I'm so sorry to hear that news, it must have been heart-breaking for you.

On a happier note though - a lovely Aby boy coming home to you
that will be fabulous - Adilah's kitties always look so lovely, I can't wait til he's introduced to us here on the site.
Yes, it's strange, but we're enjoying the reduction in slave labor hours.

Teri and I are so disappointed about Firecracker. He was doing so well at the shows and then he got that wound. The breeder I'm working with, understands and shares our concerns, so I'm sure we'll have an equally nice kitten shortly. It IS hard to wait though.

Definitely looking foward to the Aby from Adilah, but it will be awhile longer, as he's young and she wants to have him judged first in November.

It's tough to be patient!
I certainly know how our clients have felt waiting for their kittens to be born and old enough to go to new homes.

bad_kitty2001

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is sad that you have to neuter and spay your kitties. I feel very lucky and privileged that I am getting Tiberius! I can't wait and I'm sure he will make you proud.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, it's strange, but we're enjoying the reduction in slave labor hours.

Teri and I are so disappointed about Firecracker. He was doing so well at the shows and then he got that wound. The breeder I'm working with, understands and shares our concerns, so I'm sure we'll have an equally nice kitten shortly. It IS hard to wait though.

Definitely looking foward to the Aby from Adilah, but it will be awhile longer, as he's young and she wants to have him judged first in November.

It's tough to be patient!
I certainly know how our clients have felt waiting for their kittens to be born and old enough to go to new homes.
Yes yes, PLEASE be patient a bit longer...I've just had another litter of ruddies and the boys look MUCH better than the red litter!
I don't want to send you anything less than top show!

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Yes yes, PLEASE be patient a bit longer...I've just had another litter of ruddies and the boys look MUCH better than the red litter!
I don't want to send you anything less than top show!
Girl! You'd better be posting some pictures soon!
How many were in the litter?