Motivational Quote of The Day: On Judgement since so many seem to do it.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Innocent until proven guilty"
I forget who wrote that one.

Some people would do well to remember the above.

“Doubt yourself and you doubt everything you see. Judge yourself and you see judges everywhere. But if you listen to the sound of your own voice, you can rise above doubt and judgment. And you can see forever.â€

Nancy Lopez

“If you judge, investigateâ€
Seneca

"Shoot first, ask questions later"
dunno who said this one, but I'm throwing it in because way too many people do it, and one would think that as they mature they would learn not to, but alas, maybe that is my misconception on the aging process.

“It is only an error in judgment to make a mistake, but it shows infirmity of character to adhere to it when discoveredâ€

Christian Nevell Bovee

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about this:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged."

From Jesus, in Matthew.

Modern translation? "It takes one to know one."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

How about this:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged."

From Jesus, in Matthew.

Modern translation? "It takes one to know one."

Good one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

Those are very good quotes!

But I think it's human nature to be judgemental.
True enough. But I suppose there's always different kinds of judgement...positive, negative, impartial, idiotic, etc.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like all animals, we are "prejudiced." The word literally means that we have pre-judged people, things, and events.

We are hard-wired to mistrust strangers. The more they do not resemble us, the more we mistrust them. This is mere self-preservation in our evolutionary background.

If we hear a loud noise, we immediately go on the alert. We have "pre-judged" that a loud noise means danger. It only makes sense.

It's a constant battle between our human nature and our rational thought, and occasionally we ignore our natural prejudices only at our own peril.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always enjoy reading motivational quotes. Most of us will agree with them but very few, if any, of us live by them. I'm doubtful if even the originator of the quotes actually live/lived by them. Something like horoscopes - fun to read though.