Your Cats

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone,

I know there is another page here about issues with posting images to Your Cats, but the problem there was that the poster didn't have 30 days. I joined 31 days ago (I've been chomping at the bit to do Cat Pages
) but I still can't upload photos of my girls.
What gives?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It can take a full day or more for your status to "kick in". Try again tomorrow, and if it still doesn't work, contact one of the super moderators, such as valanhb(Heidi) or DawnofSierra(Stephanie) after checking to make sure the photos aren't too big.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It has been a couple of days since I posted, and my pictures still don't work.

I did send PMs to the moderators you suggested yesterday. Until I hear back, does anyone have an idea what could be causing it? I have all the other privileges of this status (being able to post in IMO, Adult Cat avatars, etc.). The picture for Fiona is a .png, and 292kb. The picture for Lolly is a .jpg and is 32kb. Neither one is working correctly.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer!

nes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine aren't working either & I'm pulling my hair out!!!

I want everyone to be able to see my beautiful girls!!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not having any problems with .jpg images. I don't think .png files will work. You could try clearing your cache and your cookies and make sure your pop-up blocker is disabled. Other than that, I don't know what to suggest.

boots

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmm i keep trying to add my poody cats photos in the your cats bit but it keeps cumming up error n to contact administrator any advice meowys? xx

gucci

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The images may exceed the allowed dimensions...

What image host are you using?

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by boots

hmm i keep trying to add my poody cats photos in the your cats bit but it keeps cumming up error n to contact administrator any advice meowys? xx
Whenever I try to add pics to "Your Cats" (lol, MY cats), my computer always says "Destination directory can't be made writeable. Can't carry on a process"

............Well, at least the text is showing up

These are what I want to add. Can someone help me?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ennyblucur.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...daisyperch.jpg

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Gucci

Try creating a new thread here.

Works fine for me.
The issue is the 2 icons next to my handle (to the right of my handle)-- I would like my cats' images to show up, not just generic cat silhouettes

gucci

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You lost me... I'm usually good with vBulletin- but this is a bit complicating.

Try private messaging a moderator of the forum you want to post in, explaining your problem vividly. Or, you can go further, and PM an administrator. You can find the moderators of each forum by going here, as well as finding administrators.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the reports - I'll get our tech guys on it.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Whenever I try to add pics to "Your Cats" (lol, MY cats), my computer always says "Destination directory can't be made writeable. Can't carry on a process"

............Well, at least the text is showing up

These are what I want to add. Can someone help me?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...ennyblucur.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...daisyperch.jpg
That's the same message I've been getting for ages, as have others (the one photo I have was uploaded during the test phase). It appears to be a technical glitch which the administration is aware of. The question is whether it's fixable.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird.

I just added my first cat, Gysmo (memorial page) and had no issues. But I've never had any probs with Cat Pages.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry I've been absent from this thread for a few days (as I mentioned in the Cat Lounge, I just got married on the 31st, so things have been hectic -- the good kind!
), but I've tried again now to upload the photos with no luck. I'm not using a webhost, I'm trying to upload them straight from the computer. I am getting a different error message than posted above though. The one I get says this:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in [path]/includes/functions_cat.php on line 134

vBulletin Message
There was an error creating your cats image directory. Please contact the Administrators to notify them of the issue.

Hope this helps in diagnosing the problem!