Got together with an old friend tonight!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a girl I have know since we were 4 years old, we went all the way through grade school, high school and college together...then we kind of drifted apart. Which is really sad because we still live in the same area, but she got married and started having a family and I was still single and having a good time, then I moved and we just really fell out of touch. I had her email and we would email about once a year, but nothing big.

Lately, I've really had the urge to get back in touch with people so I emailed her (I'm back in the same area now) and we made plans to go to dinner. I was kind of nervous....honestly, I half hoped she wouldn't show up. That sounds stupid, but it had been 6 years since I had seen her, and that was running into her at the post office and a 5 minute chat. Before that was probably 7 years, shortly after her wedding.

I thought she stood me up, and was waiting outside (we agreed to meet inside in the "waiting room" of Ruby Tuesdays" but it was full). There was a waiting list, so I put my name for a table of 2, and waited....and waited...they called my name and I said I was still waiting for my friend (looks of sympathy because I know they all thought I was waiting for a man
) So I waited outside again...finally, it occured to me to actually walk through the restaurant to see if she was there. She was in the VERY BACK CORNER BOOTH! We laughed and it was like nothing ever changed! I swear, I had the BEST time I've had in a long time, catching up, talking about old times, talking about other girls neither one of us liked (yeah, claws came out
) and who is still in touch with who.

We both agreed that neither of us has a life outside of family and work, so I'm hoping to make this at least a once a month thing. It was SO nice to have a girls night out! (I told her the next time we go out we'll go to see the male strippers...she blushed to her hairline! She hasn't changed a bit (and neither have I!
))

So, if anyone out there is hesitant about reaching out or emailing an old friend that you haven't talked to in years...DO IT!!!! Honestly. I came home SO happy!!
I don't have many friends that live near me. Honestly, the only person I hang out with are DH, MIL....and my fur family. It was SO GREAT to actually talk to someone different!

I just had to share!! I had a GREAT night! (and a few beers, can you tell?
)

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

(I told her the next time we go out we'll go to see the male strippers...she blushed to her hairline! She hasn't changed a bit (and neither have I!
))
lol, sounds like you really had a great time!! That's so cool that you two have known eachother for so long and still get along so well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

lol, sounds like you really had a great time!! That's so cool that you two have known eachother for so long and still get along so well
Yeah, that kind of surprised me, because it's been YEARS since we actually hung out together, you know? People change. I wasn't really sure how it would go, but she hasn't changed much...loosened up a bit (being married and having kid will do that to you, I guess
) She was always the "prim and proper one" of our high school group, but...ummmm...yeah....she's coming around.

BTW...the stripper comment was a joke. I just wanted to see her reaction....priceless!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah! We're going to try to do this every month if possible. And, she forwarded an email address of another friend of ours from highschool...woohoo! She lives about 2 hours away and just had a baby (she always swore she would NEVER have children!). THis keeps up we may just have to have our own little class reunion soon!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh yeah! We're going to try to do this every month if possible.!
awwwwwwwww....
I tryed to do this with a friends from highschool too but sometimes the schedule of work and the distance make this imposible....

Last time that I do it I arrive to home at 3:30 am...
and I have to work next day!...
....DW tell me.-...
that I shouldn´t to make it constantly....
...but is great!....awwww what a memmories!...