Vibes for Tornado Victims.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes going out tonight to all the Tornado Victims hit by the storms in southern, and south-western Ontario tonight. Keeping my
fingers crossed that all members from that area are safe and sound.
My thoughts and prayers are with them tonight.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
was hearing that on the news a little while ago -- sounding pretty scary.
for everyone's safety.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That must be the storms that we had here yesterday! Terrible! Winnipeg (population of 700,000 was under tornado warnings too).

Sending lots of vibes out to those affected!

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Isn't Chris (SnakeLady) from around there?
She's in the general area, but I didn't hear anything on the news talking about her city/town specifically.

The only place I've heard of deaths/serious injuries is Durham, ON, which is south of Owen Sound (South shores of Georgian Bay). I don't know if there are any members away from there. Hopefully not!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently there was a tornado near where I live too, but I'm not sure if thats true or not. We got a really bad storm here earlier.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Chris. I hope that means you are ok.
Is this area/town in the danger zone? Port Colborne

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The really bad part of the storm was confined to a small area. Many of the rest of us got a thunder/lightening storm but nothing like Durham region. The City of Vaughan north of Toronto got some pretty nasty stuff as well but as far as they know now, only 1 life was lost in the whole Province which is pretty much a miracle. Certainly nowhere near what folks in the US Tornado valley have to deal with every year.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got some pretty hefty winds, some rain, that's bout it thankfully

My thoughts and for all those affected.

Sure it may not compare to those in the US's Tornado valley, but when you aren't usually faced with severe weather like this, it is just as bad. Especially since people are not prepared for it usually, since it is not a normal occurance.

One live lost is just as important as ANY amount of lives lost.

Updated articles.....

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...s-damaged.aspx

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1259536/

Many many for all those left to pick up the pieces....
Businesses and homes destroyed.

As always, it could have been worse, but try saying that to the people who lost everything
businesses they've worked their butts off for, homes they own.... and the parents/friends/relatives of the one who lost his life
My thoughts are with each and every one affected.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you didn't get hit in that, Chris. I'm in Durham Region and we were at the gym last night when the radio said "Tornados touching down in Durham" and we're all looking at each other going..."Ummm, where?" because the storm didn't actually hit us for another few hours.

Found out later that it's was more up the north chunk of the region up by Owen Sound (the region's pretty big). Sadly they do tend to get a tornado every two years or so up there. I was stunned to hear Vaughan was hit, though...Vaughan's about 40 minutes up the road from my work. Yikes.

Fortunately the worst we had was about an hour of severe lightning storm and no power until about 11:30 last night. There's a few trees down around here, but not much else.

Lots of for everyone caught in that storm.

Craztforinfo: Port Colborne is about 2 hours south of Toronto (by St.Catharines and Niagara Falls, if I remember correctly.) I believe they got some sotrms, but not much else. I spoke to family in St. Catharaines last night and they hadn't seen anything.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Glad you didn't get hit in that, Chris. I'm in Durham Region and we were at the gym last night when the radio said "Tornados touching down in Durham" and we're all looking at each other going..."Ummm, where?" because the storm didn't actually hit us for another few hours.

Found out later that it's was more up the north chunk of the region up by Owen Sound (the region's pretty big). Sadly they do tend to get a tornado every two years or so up there. I was stunned to hear Vaughan was hit, though...Vaughan's about 40 minutes up the road from my work. Yikes.

Fortunately the worst we had was about an hour of severe lightning storm and no power until about 11:30 last night. There's a few trees down around here, but not much else.

Craztforinfo: Port Colborne is about 2 hours south of Toronto (by St.Catharines and Niagara Falls, if I remember correctly.) I believe they got some sotrms, but not much else. I spoke to family in St. Catharaines last night and they hadn't seen anything.
My boss called in from Burlington and he said a few trees were down but nothing too serious. We had very little in the Guelph area, in fact hubby and I went to Home Depot to pick up our garage door and transported it home on the roof of the car - no wind, no rain, just a very nice evening.

One equestrian farm was touched and some damage to a barn and some trailers blown over but nobody hurt, including animals, thank goodness.

One of the reporters on CBC was saying he, his wife and 2 cats went to the basement until the storm was over.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Whew, I am so glad that there is not much damage where you are.