HELP: Kitten Nauseous for Weeks!!

callieandlily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone,

I need your help and experience! I recently adopted two kittens from a barn (they are four and a half months old now). One was very sick (respiratory issues) when I got her (it turns out she had two rare forms of bacteria in her system- the high doseage antibiotics took care of it). The other female was fine.

About a month or so ago, the one that was fine started grinding her teeth, licking, and almost looking like she was going to throw up. She does this routine on and off all day- but more at night (although I am not home during the day to watch them). I have taken her to the vet several times- it seems as though she is not teething, there is nothing stuck in her mouth, she has been dewormed 3-4 times already, and we took her off all antibiotics (she was on them just in case) because she did throw up 4 -5 times when on them. The actual throwing up stopped until last night when she threw up her nausea medicine.

She is still eating (although I am not sure if she is eating enough- last time I took her to the vet, she was underweight, so they gave me Cal-Max), she plays with her sister, she drinks, and she sleeps. She seems to be normal in every way except for this nausea thing. And since it started before the Cal-Max, and has continued after being off of the antibiotics for two weeks, I am asumming that is not it either.

My vet seems to be out of answers. I don't have a lot of money to keep taking her to the vet- they have cost me over $1,500.0 in two and a half months. I love them dearly, but since the vet doesn't know what to do, I am lost. Does anyone have any ideas???? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CallieandLily

Hello Everyone,

I need your help and experience! I recently adopted two kittens from a barn (they are four and a half months old now). One was very sick (respiratory issues) when I got her (it turns out she had two rare forms of bacteria in her system- the high doseage antibiotics took care of it). The other female was fine.

About a month or so ago, the one that was fine started grinding her teeth, licking, and almost looking like she was going to throw up. She does this routine on and off all day- but more at night (although I am not home during the day to watch them). I have taken her to the vet several times- it seems as though she is not teething, there is nothing stuck in her mouth, she has been dewormed 3-4 times already, and we took her off all antibiotics (she was on them just in case) because she did throw up 4 -5 times when on them. The actual throwing up stopped until last night when she threw up her nausea medicine.

She is still eating (although I am not sure if she is eating enough- last time I took her to the vet, she was underweight, so they gave me Cal-Max), she plays with her sister, she drinks, and she sleeps. She seems to be normal in every way except for this nausea thing. And since it started before the Cal-Max, and has continued after being off of the antibiotics for two weeks, I am asumming that is not it either.

My vet seems to be out of answers. I don't have a lot of money to keep taking her to the vet- they have cost me over $1,500.0 in two and a half months. I love them dearly, but since the vet doesn't know what to do, I am lost. Does anyone have any ideas???? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!
Has the vet checked her throat? She could have some sort of blockage, a growth, something that is causing this?
For you and your kitty to get this figured out!

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping they did x rays and bloodwork? Would they give you a refferal to a different vet or emergency clinic? Sometimes other opinions can be good, and it doesn't mean you have to change vets, just find someone who can help solve this and get this kitty healthy!

The poor girl...I hope she is feeling better soon! Best of luck to you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

callieandlily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes...they checked her throat several times. Nothing is in there! Thanks for the suggestion though.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only suggest maybe asking about getting her a Cerenia shot or something similar, I never heard of it until my Genever got one yesterday. She had been puking a lot lately. It's basically a motion sickness med, so I would assume if it's given for actual vomiting, then it might be good for nausea too? Just a thought.

I hope your kitty feels better real soon!!!