Yea, I entered!!!! :)

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just made my first cat show entry
Gigi In White (Gigi) is entered in the Ky Cat club show on Sunday only. I decided that Saturday will be a couple hours spectator fun day; figure out where approximately we'll be set up, scope things out, meet the breeds...ya know.... then get up early Sunday and show. I'm really excited!!!! The name was an impromptu decision this afternoon between my DH and me after doing another search on the name Gigi....it comes from the movie Gigi...where she came out in a flowing white dress to meet the man of her dreams...silly maybe, but there might be several more HHP Gigis, so I thought I better give her a longer name! Since she's high white I found it rather fitting

I'll MISS my kitty for the next five days
Tomorrow I am heading back to Canada with one of my dogs for a dog show
It will be a GREAT time but boy am I going to need a kitty fix when I get back Monday!!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
P.S. I meant to say that there are now 4 HHP's entered, including Gi! There are three days to go, so I bet there'll be more!!! How exciting!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you plan on going on Saturday to look around and know where you are benched, I don't see why you can't just bring your show curtains, to set up the cage on Saturday. Just asked when you come in - tell them you are a "Sunday only" entry but wanted to set up the cage ahead of time.

That way everything will be ready when you come in on Sunday and you won't have to worry about setting it up then. A lot of us will help the club out on Friday nite and we just bring in our stuff after all tables/cages are set and the benching chart is available. The one show - about 1/2 the benching area was set up on Friday nite!

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If you plan on going on Saturday to look around and know where you are benched, I don't see why you can't just bring your show curtains, to set up the cage on Saturday. Just asked when you come in - tell them you are a "Sunday only" entry but wanted to set up the cage ahead of time.

That way everything will be ready when you come in on Sunday and you won't have to worry about setting it up then. A lot of us will help the club out on Friday nite and we just bring in our stuff after all tables/cages are set and the benching chart is available. The one show - about 1/2 the benching area was set up on Friday nite!
OH--that's good to know! That's how it is with dog shows, but in SOME ways they are less formal (only a handful are benched anymore, so you always rush to grab a spot and set up the day before!)...will I get something in the mail before the show that gives me a benching or entry number or something like that?

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your entry. Which registry is it? Scoping the show the day before is a good idea. That way you can see what's going on and how it works. HHP class is fun. I watch them all the time.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No - you get will get your number when you come in - not ahead of time. But the benching chart should be at the check in table - just ask about it when you go in. They won't give you a catalog till Sunday when you check in officially.

Maybe go later in the day (after 1 or 2pm) and they probably will not have a problem with you setting things up.

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all!
Great idea about setting up when we go Saturday!
This one is an ACFA show.
Thanks again.