What country is this? 20,000 points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am changing from What Island Is This to What Country is this. The picture is of DW and I. Where are we?

One guess per username please. This is an easy starter. In the weeks to come I will provide more pictures of the 64 countries that I have been in. A lot of you know that DW is from Iran. Are we in Iran? Where are we?

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old is the picture? From what I've read there are a few middle eastern countries in which it would have been against the law to have your arm around her in a public place in recent years, so the age of the photo would help narrow it down. Assuming that information is accurate that is...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bookworm

How old is the picture? From what I've read there are a few middle eastern countries in which it would have been against the law to have your arm around her in a public place in recent years, so the age of the photo would help narrow it down. Assuming that information is accurate that is...
The photo is recent and nothing illegal is going on. I do not need to narrow it down because our clothing already narrows it way down. I will tell you that we are wearing the clothing we bought in the country. We are not in the U.S. and the guess of Canada is not correct although that would have been a trick. This is not a trick.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

U.A.E. (too short too short)
Good guess but not where we are. Look closely in the background. Look at the answers so far. Then look at a globe.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

My guess is Egypt?
And your guess is correct. We are on the Nile River on a small cruise boat.
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Your points have been sent. Stay tuned next week for another country DW and I have been to. (Back to 10,000 points.)