best tasting beer ever

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i was at the World Market store and they had a beer called Samichlaus. it cost $5.99 for a 11.2 oz bottle. i bought one. it is made in Austria and was bottled in 2007, a malt liquor and alc. is 14% and it tastes sooooooooooo good. on the label it says:
brewed only once a year on december 6 Samichlaus is aged for 10 months before bottling. this speciality is perhaps the rarest in the world. Samichlaus may be aged for many years to come. older vintages become more complex with a creamy warming finish.
Samichlaus is the swiss word for Santa Claus and Santa Claus day is on dec. 6th.
my 2nd favorite beer is anything by Stone Breweries from Escondido.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummmmmm.... "Alt" beer, from Dusseldorf, Germany - DELICIOUS!!!
Antartica, and Brahma from Brasil are great beers....... I know it's not the best in the world, but you can't go wrong with a very very cold Corona either

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Ummmmmm.... "Alt" beer, from Dusseldorf, Germany - DELICIOUS!!!
Antartica, and Brahma from Brasil are great beers....... I know it's not the best in the world, but you can't go wrong with a very very cold Corona either
There are a problem with the PM Carolina?...
I´ll try to send you one and I CAN´T...
...Need to talk with you....
( of course in private...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

There are a problem with the PM Carolina?...
I´ll try to send you one and I CAN´T...
...Need to talk with you....
( of course in private...
hum.... not that I know of!! I will PM you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Oh Really?..
do you like the beers then?...

I do too!...
i love beer. i'm originally from Germany. i don't like wine, i get a headache. but i love beer, especially ales and i really love margeritas, but they have to be on the rocks, not the slushy kind

lilblu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yuck! I hate beer. I really don't care for alcohol. I don't understand why people like it, it doesn't even taste good. To me, beer is the worst alcoholic beverage ever. Perhaps someone can explain the appeal?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilblu

Yuck! I hate beer. I really don't care for alcohol. I don't understand why people like it, it doesn't even taste good. To me, beer is the worst alcoholic beverage ever. Perhaps someone can explain the appeal?
oh........ nothing like a COLD COLD COLD beer in a hot day!!! SO good!
I was not a fan when I was young either.... But.... I love it now!
Are you on your early 20s?

srrh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love, love, super love beer. My favorite kind that you can get in the grocery store is either Yuengling Black & Tan or Newcastle. Some others (a little harder to find, might take a trip to Total Wine) I love are Rogue's Dead Guy Ale, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. Oh man, I could go on and on.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yuck! I hate beer. I really don't care for alcohol. I don't understand why people like it, it doesn't even taste good. To me, beer is the worst alcoholic beverage ever.
Me too.

But then, my reason is due to a stupid stunt in my teens where beer = alcohol poisoning = stomach pumped in hospital. Now I can't stand the smell or the taste

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My favorite brand is called Karhu. It's finnish so I'm not sure if it's available in other countries. Another good one is Stella Artois, I think it's belgian.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm its going to be 95 today and I sure could go for a Sam Adams Summer Ale. oh well I'll have to take a rain check being pregnant.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by srrh

I love, love, super love beer. My favorite kind that you can get in the grocery store is either Yuengling Black & Tan or Newcastle. Some others (a little harder to find, might take a trip to Total Wine) I love are Rogue's Dead Guy Ale, Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. Oh man, I could go on and on.
My husband and I both LOVE Yuengling, but we can't buy it here. We tend to get a case or two when we visit his family in PA, though.

My favorite beer that I can buy locally is probably Smithwicks (pronounced "Smitticks") or Sam Adam's Boston Lager. My husband prefers stouts.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I guess it depends on what kind of beer you've tried. I've tried some of the worst known to man (PBR, for one) and they were awful. But once I tried brands such as Yuengling, Killians, Smithwicks, etc., I finally understood the draw to beer.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

oh........ nothing like a COLD COLD COLD beer in a hot day!!! SO good!
I was not a fan when I was young either.... But.... I love it now!
Are you on your early 20s?
I didn't like it until a couple of years ago when a neighbour started giving us free beer (he worked in a brewery). Most favourite neighbour ever!

I love a few Quebec ones, particularly St Ambroise apricot ale, which does not sound all that appealing, but I really enjoyed it.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll take an ice cold Killian's Irish Red on tap any day of the week (even though I'm not supposed to drink). No bitterness, and incredibly smooth.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some years ago, a guy name Jim Bohannon had a mid-night talk show with some very interesting guests. One night, he had a panel of beer experts who were discussing their favorite beers. All of them had a vast experience, and they mentioned some of the beers mentioned here. In the end, they agreed that if you're going to sit for an evening and sip one or two beers, the best in the world for that (and that is readily available) in Guinness Stout.

The next night, he had the same guys on, but discussing the worst beers in the world. Lots of the standards came up, such as PBR, Schlitz, Billy Beer, etc. At the end of the evening, they agreed that the worst readily-available beer in the world was Corona.

"Before it died, I think this horse had diabetes," was the comment of one of them.