Food Fight!!! (part 2) Mayo vs. Miracle whip

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same rules, Be nice.

Mayo mayo mayo.
Miracle whip, blech. (IMO) Only good use for it is macaroni salad.

Edited to add the IMO. I didn't follow my own rules, lol.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on what I'm eating. I love mayo on a bolonga sandwich and in tuna fish salad, but Miracle Whip is a must for turkey sandwiches and BLT's. For dressing for maccaroni sald, cucumber salad ect I usually with a mixture of both with a little vinager thrown in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Miracle Whip is full of sugar, yuck. I make my own mayo but in a pinch will use Hellman's.
Homemade is the best, so rich and wonderful! And not hard to make at all, Kind of fun really! Like a magic trick, lol. I do like Helman's though, I believe it is called Duke's in the south? same thing, different name.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Miracle Whip is full of sugar, yuck. I make my own mayo but in a pinch will use Hellman's.
Homemade is the best.

I dont not like miracle whip at all.
I do like mayo.

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mayo definetly!!! Especially on a Honey Maple Turkey sandwich
. Never had Miracle Whip and from what everyone is saying about it I won't even try it.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

It depends on what I'm eating. I love mayo on a bolonga sandwich and in tuna fish salad, but Miracle Whip is a must for turkey sandwiches and BLT's. For dressing for maccaroni sald, cucumber salad ect I usually with a mixture of both with a little vinager thrown in.
I have to agree with this also. Sometimes mayo, sometimes Miracle whip depending on what I am eating. However I think mayo would come out on top because I seem to use it more.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm the odd ball, I will only use Miracle Whip. I think mayo is gross...it has no flavor, imo. I grew up on MW tho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I will admit to liking Miracle Whip on one sandwich, and only one. A baked ham and cheese. Kaiser roll, slice of american cheese and one of those weird ham patty things that come in a can with yes, the dreaded Miracle Whip, all wrapped up in tin foil and baked till crunchy. With mayo its just not the same. My mom used to make these, they were a favorite dinner for us kids.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother only used Miracle Whip, but I don't think we've had a bottle of it in the house since I got married. Mayo for me.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Originally Posted by Trillcat

Homemade is the best, so rich and wonderful! And not hard to make at all, Kind of fun really! Like a magic trick, lol. I do like Helman's though, I believe it is called Duke's in the south? same thing, different name.
Ditto Ditto Ditto

I think you'll see Hellman's under a number of different names -- another that I'm aware of is Best Foods. But the label is the same. And it's worth keeping in the house, because it is decent. As for that other product, in our family there are a number of names for it, none of them complimentary.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think miracle whip is one of the worst foods I've ever tasted. Mayo isn't my favorite either but I'd much prefer it to miracle whip.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*gag* I say neither. To me the idea of a creamy white fatty textured condiment is gross! I cant stand the taste of either, even in very small amounts. I have never ever purchased or used either (and yes, this includes me not eating things like potato and macaroni salad), though my mother keeps and uses both for various things.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Miracle Whip.

Did you know that Miracle Whip is really just Mayo with a pinch of sugar and some lemon juice? I've made both. But I prefer Miracle Whip.