Kendra (my DD) is HOME!!!!!!!!!! woohoooooo

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was gone to cadet camp for 2 wks, and just got back today

She has grown
She is 5'7" at 13yrs old. WOW. She had a great time with cadets and came home with some money.

It was funny... me, Mark and Kayleigh put a wager on how much $ we figured Kendra would bring home... She left for camp with $40, plus she made $120 at camp. Mark said: $50.... I said: $100....Kay said $120.. Kendra brought home $110
I was so proud of her..... she spent 50 in 2wks.... and $20 was on a camp tshirt... the other money was on junk food
But a prime example of my daughter: her tent won an award or something, so Kendra treated everyone to a slushie... which was bout $12. ) She is an amazing kid for sure. All the money is going into the bank.... she's working towards starting to invest, but she needs to have at least $500 to start. Over halfway there with the 2wk bbsitting job she did, 2wks at cadets, and here and there bbsitting jobs.

She did great at camp, got her certificate and a badge, made some new friends, etc.

We all missed her very much, and are glad she's home.

She is too..... she was so happy to put on "normal clothes", and not have to make her bed tomorrow, and listen to the radio, etc. etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by badgeygirl

Wow! Sounds like she's got a good financial head on her shoulders. Glad she had a good time!
She does....

Honestly, I wouldn't have been mad if she had spent more...it was her money, she EARNED it.... but I'm glad she brought home some for the bank

Sometimes, I have a hard time remembering she's a kid LOL. Especially with her growth over the summer, both physically and mentally. She is definately NOT a kid anymore
(sad but proud
) She's a very mature young lady

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kids can grow up so fast. 13 sounds so young to us now... but I know I was mature at 13. Of course... didn't stop me from a few knock-down drag-out fights with the parents over the next few years. Comes with the territory.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Kids can grow up so fast. 13 sounds so young to us now... but I know I was mature at 13. Of course... didn't stop me from a few knock-down drag-out fights with the parents over the next few years. Comes with the territory.
I don't even want to think about what I was doing at 13
Thankfully, Kendra is quite different than I was at that age. She unfortunately has had to "grow up" before her time....

From helping me parent when she was only 6 ( I was single, her sis was 2, and I could hardly get off the couch for 2mos from panic attacks back to back, and not knowing/treating for it) to over the last few years helping me again because of my health issues.

I don't want to sound like a typical mom, but.... She is amazing. Yup, we have our battles, but at the end of the day we still respect and love each other

Hey, if she can win over my one neighbour, and be allowed to bbsit their child, that says something. (He is a police officer, and very, VERY protective of his daughter for reasons I won't say + being a cop) Ken's been bbsitting her for over a year now and starting in Sept. will be doing before school bbsitting for them

More $ towards that GIC